Thinking about switching from iPhone...

bzimmer4x32

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering switching to a Windows 8 phone. The only thing stopping me is the ability to group message with iPhone users. I stopped in the local AT&T store yesterday and the salesman said that there are no issues group texting with iPhone users. However when we tested it with his Lumia 920 and two iPhones the messages did not appear as a thread group message. He tried a few different things and it never would show up as a group message. Is this true or was he not doing something right. I am ready to switch but I have to be able to group message with iOS devices without installing a 3rd party app. Thanks.

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The Rooms feature was introduced for that reason, it allows you to do group messaging through it. I'm not sure of what the sales rep tired but the way to do it is through Rooms from the people hub.

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Under the messaging settings on WP8 you have to turn on "group text" it uses mms to keep it all straight. Although I am told by iPhone users that it does not work properly on their iPhone unless everyone has iMessage. I.E. it is broken on the iPhone, not WP8. I have not tested this, but is should work properly on WP8.

bzimmer4x32

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
The Rooms feature was introduced for that reason, it allows you to do group messaging through it. I'm not sure of what the sales rep tired but the way to do it is through Rooms from the people hub.

This is straight from the windows phone website "?Group chat in Rooms is only available on Windows Phone 8. Room members with a Windows Phone 7 or iPhone won't be able to participate. "

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Group messaging on iPhone is a proprietary feature of iMessage that doesn't work outside of iPhones. But Apple doesn't tell users that, so they get all confused when people with WPs, BlackBerrys, and Android devices don't respond.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes