Open Facebook app from email

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
My wife gets FB notification in her email. Most are pictures. When she clicks on them, it opens the mobile Facebook (Internet Explorer). From there, you cannot slide through a group of photos like you can in the FB app. Is there a way to force the FB app to open by default from an email?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, can't be done.

However, instead of slide, I think if you click on extreme left or right, the photos change.

Your wife has Facebook photos built in. When she gets notification for XYZ friend updated a photo/album - she can just go to People, search for that friend, and in panorama those new photos are already updated (two scrolls to left) and she can comment there (oddly enough can't like from there!). Without the need of an app or going to internet.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I case people don't know, "the iphone can do that." She was able to click on the link in the email and it would go to FB app. I just set her up a group of FB family friends and she should get a live tile and toast notification on the lockscreen. Hopefully that will keep her happy.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
well the FB app lags behind in the functionality department behind android and ios. Elop says Nokia is working on that so we will see I think you can install the fb app and use ie 10 to go to the m.facebook site.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I case people don't know, "the iphone can do that." She was able to click on the link in the email and it would go to FB app. I just set her up a group of FB family friends and she should get a live tile and toast notification on the lockscreen. Hopefully that will keep her happy.

Yeah a double wide tile of FB group is the best way to use FB on WP. That way you don't have to see other friend's farm frenzy scores in newsfeed and you get notified when people you care about do something socially. Also photo updates come on the tile.

iPhone can do that but this isn't iPhone (thankfully!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos