Some problems

mystery01

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 920 for close to a month now, but I have some problems without solutions.

First, I downloaded a game from the store. I never launched it but it installed. When I went to check it, the game isn't there and the store says I already have it. How do I restore this game now?

Also, the music playing app is almost always broken. Seems that after 5 minutes or so, the sound just craps out and sounds horrible. Sure, a reboot will fix this temporarily, but it happens far too often that it makes it a very unreliable music player.

Finally, is there any way to have more dynamic or useful web page tiles? I have some pages on my Start, but they're not the best when they're displaying one-month-old information.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
hmmmm, Do you know that games don't show up amongst apps ? , they only show up in games , Look there first , if you don't find it there then I'll think of a solution for you.
If you're having trouble with Music + videos , ditch it and use Nokia music , it too can play your own collection
for Pinned apps (or pinned anything really) there's a notification period of 2 days and then it stops updating , the way you refresh that period is by constantly visiting or opening pinned apps , Search the store for RSS readers, they have great tiles there.

If its at all possible try uninstalling whatsapp to see if the music thing gets solved (if you don't have it nevermind.)

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Check the Xbox app for the game, games install in there.

As for pinned websites, they don't updated. All it does is take a "snapshot" of the page you're viewing and pins it. It snapshots whatever is currently in view in the browser, so you have some control over the pinned image. But only apps have live tiles that update.

Not sure about your music issue.

mystery01

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Ah, there it is. I hadn't even checked the games app yet and there it was.
Too bad about the website "snapshot" thing. Some sites have icons for other mobile devices and that could have been an option, depending on how it's done.

The music issue is one that many other people have had. I think it's not a headphones-exclusive issue as well. After a while, it just stops working properly and raising the volume does nothing because it sounds like it's at 1 volume all the time. Outside the 2 music apps it sounds normal, so I don't know why it does that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes