IE10 - how to make it save and remember passwords?

McVitas

May 5, 2013
Visit site
It seems internet explorer in WP8 never asks to save a password, so I have to always login everywhere which is a pain to type my complicated passwords on a capacitive screen (was much easier on a resistive ;). It also seems it does not save cookies, because "remember" checkbox on website also does not seem to work.
Is there a hidden settings to enable this or do I miss something? I have installed some "easy browser" from the store and it works. Unfortunatelly it does not have any other standard functions like favorites, history or tabs, so it is not a good replacement...

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Internet Explorer settings and then advanced settings, there is a box that tells it what you want to do with cookies. Though I am not sure, it may also have to do with the setting "Send a Do Not Track request to websites you visit." You might want to play around with that checkbox.

That said, IE keeps me logged into most sites.

McVitas

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have seen these settings. I have it set on default (block some). I also unchecked that send do not track request, because I think it is kind of stupid to be on by default... web companies live from advertising and I really don't know why Microsoft thinks this will help anybody if it is opt-out and not opt-in :-]

OK it seems theverge.com remembered me and I did not need to login there again, but what about the sites where there is not "remember" checkbox and they need login and password every time? IE never asks you to save password in these cases or does it for you? For example an online bitcoin marketplace or a dating site maybe.
But it seems I am saved, because there is LastPass in the store! I use it on a pc and it is great, so I will try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes