App List Style

ChrisRiv91

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to disable the letters in the full app list? I had to swap out my new HTC 8x because of battery issues and the new replacement they gave me the full App list has letters after it finished syncing. It's driving me crazy, on the old phone it didn't have them.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
After you've installed a certain number of apps (I read somewhere that it's 40) the letters appear. In my experience, uninstalling a load of apps doesn't get rid of them, so once they're there, they're there to stay unfortunately. They are handy, I guess.

The only way to remove them is with a hard reset. I think. Not even close to worth it.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
well i actually find them quite useful lol i can click on letter "A" for example and it will open an alphabet grid...then i just select the letter of the app i want :D

saves me from scrolling thru my big apps list!

i guess you can get used to it D:

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, never met anyone that didn't like the letters. Did you know you can tap to the letters and jump to the end of the alphabet?
. In my experience, uninstalling a load of apps doesn't get rid of them, so once they're there,
You have to get it back down to 20 or so, but they will go away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes