Problem with Messaging app

raptorsiordia

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just bought a Lumia 920 and I really love it, one of the things I love the most are the windows apps so I don't have to download third party apps but recently Messaging is giving me lots of problems, most of the times shows "can't connect to chat" and if it connects the chats won't update, sometimes I'm talking with someone and then stop receiving messages so I go to IE10, check the facebook chat and I have lots of new messages. Does anyone have the same problem? How can I fix it? Thank you :cry:

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
today the people hub across all of MS services was down for maintenance or something , its a temporary problem that's being fixed as we speak . :) Sorrry

raptorsiordia

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
yeah but it's not that, the chat never updates and two days ago I received like 100 messages at the same time from a conversation, but while I was chatting it never showed any message. I really don't know what to do to make it work

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep same here, I have been in Spain this week and my girlfriend in Czech and we have been using FB chat to stay in touch. Until Wednesday night it worked as well as text messaging (she is using a app on a android phone) but early Thursday morning her messages had a huge delay on them or they would come through in batches. It was only when I logged into the to FB app and looked at the messaging tab that I noticed I had missing messages.

The FB app a doesnt seem to give me any notification and be when using roaming data is a bit of a data hog as each time you refresh a chat it seems to pull down the latest stories as well. Even now back in the Uk I can see my Windows 8 machine is getting FB chats in real time and my phone is still getting them either delayed or in batches.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Usually wrong/inaccurate dates could lead to such problems, please update your phone's time and date using time.is as a frame of reference and check back with me.
Also as it happens WP limits push notifications per each app to 500 ones if you have lots of notifications intensive apps that you might not want to use please disable push notifications with them , ALSO using BATTERY SAVER mode means no notifications (push ones) .

Have a good day.

Saurabh Vatsa

May 19, 2013
Visit site
my date and time is on auto set mode...
and i get all the messages from facebuk but as soon as i reply to a user i stop getting his replies.. :(
also when i get offline.. i m still actually shown online on facebook as my others friends taunted me that m a facebook addict as they see me online all day and night... :D :D

raptorsiordia

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Usually wrong/inaccurate dates could lead to such problems, please update your phone's time and date using time.is as a frame of reference and check back with me.
Also as it happens WP limits push notifications per each app to 500 ones if you have lots of notifications intensive apps that you might not want to use please disable push notifications with them , ALSO using BATTERY SAVER mode means no notifications (push ones) .

Have a good day.

I tried it but nothing has changed, also I don't have problem with the notifications, the problem is that messages never appear, I never receive them in my WP, even I made a little experiment with someone talking to me on facebook and I reply with my WP, they receive the message in real time, but I never get the answer in the WP

j_bfr

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Same here. Very annoying... Is there any solution?

I usually receive the first message but if i answer i don?t receive more messages from that person. For me that i am studying abroad is a very big issue because i use mainly facebook to chat with my friends and family!

One thing I noticed is that the notifications I receive in the Lumia are the same that I receive in the notification centre of the Mac OSx Mountain Lion. As soon I reply to the message they stop coming.

Last edited:

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing this issue for more than a week. I tried everything, but not dice. It's really annoying. Please, if you have any info, share it!

Thanks.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
facebook seems to be quirky lately. on my sister's 928 she was having trouble with it "fetching information" in regards to newsfeed updates and notifcations and the Me Tile displaying a different image from her FB profile pic album that is not the pic currently set to her FB account or any other account linked to her phone like MS, Twitter, Gmail, etc.

Benj Catipon

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
...I got the same problem earlier on my lumia 720 where in messages doesn't syn in conversation, as I follow this thread I did a couple of soft resets but it didn't solve the problem...until I notice that every time I do soft reset, the date switch to auto so instead the date is set today (sept 17) it was set to sept 7...I immediately change date to auto off and put the current date and it surprisingly solve the issues. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss