Facebook chat delays *Update*

bluestar_uk

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

After a recent post on here and having the issues with the delayed integrated chat on Facebook; as most of us knew what the problem was and nobody had a solution as this was down to Microsoft. I have posted the issues over on Microsoft community. After a few discussions and emails sent, last night I had a reply to my original post on the forum Intergrated Facebook chat delayed! - Microsoft Community

It looks like Microsoft are finally acting on this because now if you go to status.live.com you can see they have acknowledged the issues and it indicates there is a problem with messenger! Previously they have had it indicating that everything was in service 'Running Normally'

In case anyone missed it, I just wanted to give an update to this https://status.live.com/outageid/6f8a6288-0360-4b48-aa46-d5046538f6de

Sorry if it's been reposted.

Bluestar ;)

bluestar_uk

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...roblems-facebook-chat-delays.html#post2013467

Thats my original post on this forum, kinda explains what was going on. And the member Vichuhit has drawn a little diagram to explain it a bit better as it can be a little confusing if you arent to familiar how things work.

At least MS have realised the problem, and everyone can see that now. The email that I got from one of the Moderators over on Microsoft community forum states that MS are working directly with Facebook on this problem :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been having issues with Facebook chat for a while, including but not limited to messages not being delivered or delivered late, messages not being received or received late, randomly signing me out then back in again and duplicated sent messages showing in the Windows 8 Messaging app on both Windows RT and Windows 8.

Nice to see someone at Microsoft finally getting their **** together and doing something about it :shocked:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
it looks to be delayed/non existent on Messenger (Surface).

I'm hoping Microsoft updates it to allow picture attachments now that FB messenger supports that.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My question would be why can't Microsoft link directly to the Facebook Servers, they have a deal with Facebook so why not?

bluestar_uk

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft have updated status.live.com with some information regarding this problem however it doesnt seem to be good news!

Details
Problem Many users have reported issues with signing in and receiving Facebook messages in Windows 8 messaging app, Windows Phone messaging hub, and Outlook.com. We are actively working with Facebook to resolve the issue. Other contacts (e.g. Skype) should not be affected. 20 June 23:20

Updates The content here on http://status.live.com is being set as resolved due to the external nature of this issue. 02 July 22:27

Although it's still indicated as a problem on status.live.com, with the update comment "due to the external nature of this issue" to me this sounds like that the problem is nothing to do with Microsoft anymore. So all that is left would be down to an issue with Facebook serveres and nothing to do with Microsoft and the Facebook API anymore. I have sent an email to one of the guy that i was previously speaking to, as well as posted an update question over on the Microsoft Community forum, for more clarification and a better update.

Cheers,
Bluestar

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, no...the problem is still with MS. You can't offer a service, a messaging hub and say "hey, not our problem it doesn't work" ..aaa, yes?! it is!
What would happen if FB says, "not our problem either, it's your Windows Phone, we are a social network not a mobile OS"

bluestar_uk

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Im surprised that MS even let a answer like that get posted on the status.live page. Thats for everyone to see! Do they not even realise that? I think thats a big F**k you to all WP users and basically saying that MS cant be arsed with it!

Does anyone else have any input on this? So many people are reporting this problem now and it seems to be thread after thread across forums. What with the Whats App gone tits up the last week and not working, intergrated facebook still not working.... what next?

I can now see why people stand by Android and IOS, at least it works. and if it doesn't, fine... make a phone faster!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes