Music player issues - Smart DJ Mix, Album art and compilations

carlosedp

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I got a Lumia 920 about two weeks ago and I'm loving it. I switched from an iPhone 4 and one feature I used a lot was Genius Mixes, a feature similar to Smart DJ Mix.

I have a three issues with the Music Player:

First is that I can't use the "Smart DJ" option since it is greyed-out on all artists and albums. I sync all my music from iTunes on a Mac and have the last version of the "Windows Phone App" downloaded from the App Store. All my music is perfectly tagged using Musicbrainz Picard.

Sometimes the option is available when I play a song but the moment I click it, it gives me an error telling "Smart DJ Error" and tells me to enable Xbox Music on settings. I already checked and unchecked it multiple times with no success. I also checked the "Download Metadata..." from the settings in Windows Phone App in my Mac with no success either.

I checked Feature and service availability | Windows Phone How-to (Ireland) and the service is available in my area (Brazil).

I don't know what else to do to make it work.

The second issue is that all my songs have Album artwork, they show on the list but not in the lockscreen or the live tile. I enabled the option to show it in settings.

The last one is that I have a couple of compilation albums where the artists are different but the "Album Artist" tag is the same. They don't show up on Artists list neither the Artist or the Album Artist. I can only find the songs on the Albums list by album name.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Winger67

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I've gone through that thread and still can't get Smart DJ to work. No artist bios or artists photos in the background. Even opening Windows Media Player, ripping a CD, and Syncing to the phone doesn't work. I just tried with Jack White's CD. Files are on the local C: drive. I'm using Windows 8. I don't get it. What could be so difficult? Is Xbox Music really that broken? Bring back Zune and be done with it.

The strange thing is that I have about 1 or 2% of artists that it works for. I've even reset my phone to start over. Can nobody help with this?

GunZK

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
When you copy your song to phone, open music in your phone and select your artist music which you want to add.
Make sure your phone is wake up (screen on)
Then copy the music per album manually through File Explorer (a.k.a. Drag and Drop)
Make sure the name of album is exactly the same as xbox music store has.
Hope works! :wink:
Sorry for my English :confused:

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When you copy your song to phone, open music in your phone and select your artist music which you want to add.

Make sure your phone is wake up (screen on)

Then copy the music per album manually through File Explorer (a.k.a. Drag and Drop)

Make sure the name of album is exactly the same as xbox music store has.

Hope works! :wink:

Sorry for my English :confused:

I didn't get you. Can you elaborate plz.

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I got a Lumia 920 about two weeks ago and I'm loving it. I switched from an iPhone 4 and one feature I used a lot was Genius Mixes, a feature similar to Smart DJ Mix.

I have a three issues with the Music Player:

First is that I can't use the "Smart DJ" option since it is greyed-out on all artists and albums. I sync all my music from iTunes on a Mac and have the last version of the "Windows Phone App" downloaded from the App Store. All my music is perfectly tagged using Musicbrainz Picard.

Sometimes the option is available when I play a song but the moment I click it, it gives me an error telling "Smart DJ Error" and tells me to enable Xbox Music on settings. I already checked and unchecked it multiple times with no success. I also checked the "Download Metadata..." from the settings in Windows Phone App in my Mac with no success either.

I checked Feature and service availability | Windows Phone How-to (Ireland) and the service is available in my area (Brazil).

I don't know what else to do to make it work.

The second issue is that all my songs have Album artwork, they show on the list but not in the lockscreen or the live tile. I enabled the option to show it in settings.

The last one is that I have a couple of compilation albums where the artists are different but the "Album Artist" tag is the same. They don't show up on Artists list neither the Artist or the Album Artist. I can only find the songs on the Albums list by album name.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Your album art is broken U must change ur album art one by one.. MPA tools apps will help to attach photos to music art and album. download it from marketplace
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/mpatool/a6056e5e-34bd-4098-9cd8-4ed5df611d97

Last edited:

carlosedp

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
About the first issue, not having Smart DJ a guy from Microsoft Forums posted that it's not available in Brazil:

Hi CarlosEDP,
Thanks for posting on the forum.
Unfortunately at moment Smart DJ is only available in Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. You can get this information on this official page (even if this refer to windows phone 7 the service is the same) Feature and service availability | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
For the other 2 question try please to delete an album with the issues and upload it back to the phone to see if it helps to solve the issues.
Regards,
Gianpaolo.​

For the other two issues, I can assure my songs are correctly tagged but the album art is not displayed and the compilation albums are not shown in the artist list. I can only find them in "Albums".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon