how exactly sync work??

edwardob

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
trying to figure out how sync to live .com works please

i deleted all my "people" on live .com but nothing changed on my phone or in outlook.....so is it one way only??

i used backup on lumia 1020 but nothing appeared on live .com[on skydrive tab].......

its all very confusing and i dont trust what i dont understand so i still use my old nokia

Jerry A

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Are you trying to delete ALL your contacts or just the links between Microsoft and another service (Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn)?

edwardob

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
lumia new to me!

i transfered my contact from my old symbian to lumia..........which seems to then update to live.com account auto.......so far so good
in my efforts to figure out how all this works.....i deleted all on live.com but nothing changed on phone

i back up phone but nothing appears on live .com....so how do you get your contacts[people] back up on live .com

so how does this sync work??1

Jerry A

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Okay, that's an odd one. My guess is that the local contacts are only on the phone until you use Nokia's app to sync them to your Live account.

Personally, I would export the contacts from my old phone, import them into Live and then have them sync on the initial setup.

After that, you won't need to worry about copying contacts from an old phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon