Other storage suddenly grew to 8.3gb! I thought this was fixed?

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
nope ! Its 9.68 Mb not GB because that would answer the question of were my other is

my phone storage adds up fine, where nokia storage check shows i have 2gb of other. Phone storage has this color thingy, what color does it show filling the storage if its not in the list?

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm really not sure what could be causing that. The only time I've seen mine fluctuate to any significant amount was when I installed a game that was 800mb to 1gb (they get even larger after installing), or if I used my device like a thumb drive. Maybe the software is glitched in some way.

Since you have update 3 installed on it now, it would be a lot less painful to do a hard reset. If that doesn't fix the problem I'd pursue a replacement under warranty.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm really not sure what could be causing that. The only time I've seen mine fluctuate to any significant amount was when I installed a game that was 800mb to 1gb (they get even larger after installing), or if I used my device like a thumb drive. Maybe the software is glitched in some way.

Since you have update 3 installed on it now, it would be a lot less painful to do a hard reset. If that doesn't fix the problem I'd pursue a replacement under warranty.

I'll probably end up hard resetting which I kinda hate to do because I don't want to lose gamesaves...

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ive been wondering about this whole 'other storage' as well since im using a 520. A poster noted that it could be from app data, however, when you do the storage check and choose 'apps', you see the space for the app and its data (save files etc) separately. For example, Vine uses a ton of space, but the app itself is not overly huge. Turning off the auto-upload of photos to skydrive may fix it a little going forward, but it doesnt do anything about the space already used.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If you are using L1020, can you try moving all the highres pictures from phone to pc?

Base on this MS article: "Other" phone storage FAQ | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Nokia camera app photos. Photos taken by Nokia Lumia customers using the Nokia Pro Cam and Nokia Smart Cam apps are counted in "other." This includes high-resolution photos taken by the Lumia 1020. You can delete these off your phone from the Photos Hub, or you can connect your phone to your computer to delete or move them off your phone.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have a large System folder?

Apps & Games - 6.52GB
Music & Videos - 684KB
Pictures - 34.81MB
Maps - 338.14MB
Email & Messaging - 111.70MB
System - 5.35GB!!!!!!!!!!!!
Temporary Files - 1.04GB

Members online