UK AppChallenge. Cheating!

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
The UK AppChallenge seems like a good idea but not only is it flawed but there seems to be cheating going on.

It is flawed because if we were to enter every week, we do not have 15 chances to win but only 1 chance. When you login with Facebook, you get 30 points. It only works once throughout the entire 15 weeks. This means that if new entrants join for the first time in any week, they will always be 30 points ahead. If three people enter every week, there is no chance for a regular player to win.

As for cheating, it seems there are entrants who have WAY MORE points than physically possible to get from downloading all the apps and sharing them. For example, the maximum points you can get (so far) from downloading windows phone apps and PC apps and sharing them is 3245 points (or 3275 points with a Facebook login). However right now, there are three people with 3507, 3297 and 3293 points. I have double checked everything with a calculator and there is no physical way to get these points with the current apps. What makes things worse and more suspicious is these guys are nearly always in the top leader board and some of them have already won one or two prizes already.

I really hope there is no cheating going on and someone can explain how this is all happening.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It states in the rules. 30 points for one off Facebook login, 2 points per app share. 10-100 points for installing apps. Each app tells you how many points you will earn.

I went through all the apps one by one and added up the total points possible. How on earth the other guys are getting way more with the same apps is not physically possible. Hacking? Who knows. Its not fair especially as part of the challenge you have to buy apps (you don't want) to get points. I have already spent ?11 on apps I don't need just to try to get the highest score the last few weeks.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Report this to Microsoft.

That is the quickest (and arguably cleanest or dirtiest, depending on who you're asking) way to get them caught in the act.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes