AppStudio developer status revoked...?

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Like many of the people who participated in the GDR3 (and soon GDR4) Developer Preview Program, you probably went for the "Lite" developer status that allows you to participate in it and also deploy a maximum of 2 homebrew apps. That's what I did, and at first it worked perfectly: I was on GDR3 just fine, and the XAP deployment of apps like HTC's Clock tile worked even though I used this alternate deployment program because I'm on Windows 7. But recently I tried to open my other app that I used XAP deployment to install (Temple Run 2 because I'm on 512mb) and it said "Oops. Temple Run 2 can only be run ona phone that is registered to a developer. If you have a developer account, register this phone and reopen the app." I don't know when this started since I haven't opened temple run in a while, but I have aboslutely no idea what's going on and I'm worried I won't be able to get in on the 8.1 Dev Preview I'm so excited about.

Could it be something to do with Lumia Black? Because after GDR3 preview Lumia Black came out and I installed that later. Also I can't deploy anymore apps even though I have uninstalled the HTC Clock TIle thing, leaving me one more space for an app.

Edit: Could it also be because I registered for VisualStudio to try to run the WP 8.1 SDK on my computer?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
AppStudio. If you can sign in there it should show your current status in the program. If your account is still in good standing we can try to troubleshoot from there. :)

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried it, and it logs in just fine, but since there's no indicator of whether I'm registered or not I just used the Windows Dev Center suggested method of unlocking my device via the app in the SDK. Now my existing deployed XAP works fine on my phone, but deploying XAPs still gives me the error "deployment optimization failed with error 1104", even though I only have 1 app installed via deployment on my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes