Excessive battery drain (after updating to .155 using dev preview)

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So been a few day, all of a sudden my battery has been draining rapidly even when I am not using it. My battery drains at 1% every half an hour when its in complete stand by, and nearly at 5% every five even when I am just scrolling through the phone, i hard reset my phone and it brought no change, it was still draining bad. Then I took it to nokia care and they told me they updated something yet it still didn't change anything. I charged my cell phone to 100 a couple of hours ago and after 15 mins of removing the charger, the battery was down to 94, in JUST 15 mins. Then I realised that I got an update after rolling into dev preview (.155) and i think after that I havbe been facing this issue. Anybody else experiencing this? Any idea what's the case?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
you do realize you have live tiles on the start screen....and another thing you can disable the background tasks

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I guess that's the price to pay to run developers preview. My Lumia 1020 drains 4-5% per hour. However, I'm able to get through the day with useful on screen time of about 3-4 hours, ending at 20+% in 15 hours. No complaints.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I will feel relaxed if I can confirm its because of dev preview, as then the final release can fix the problem. But if the problem is because of my battery, I will have to get it replaced.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 822, dev preview installed, running .155.

Phone has been off the charger, connected to WiFi for 4 hours now with minimal use, other than live tiles updating. Just checked and the battery is at 95%.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know. Can anything other than a spoilt battery cause severe battery drain? I will visit Nokia Care tomorrow again, and let them know that the problem persists.

My battery hasn't really swollen but it has kind of deformed at a small part.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Check your email and background tasks, also check if NFC and double tap to wake is disabled. I have that update on my 920 since last year and no battery drain issues so far

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon