GoVoice 3.0

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
GoVoice 3.0 coming soon, going free in later versions | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

"We got a sneak peak at the app, which is near completion and we can say it is much faster now due to the caching of messages, meaning it doesn't have to re-sync everything on launch. We also like the new counter number and overall added options. Look for it soon in the Marketplace (we'll do a post on it). And we'll let Nick announce the full feature set when he's ready, but it's significant."

Okay...so I got my phone on April 1st, and downloaded and paid for GoVoice.

As far as I can tell, Daniel never did another post on GoVoice.....and it says I have 3.0. The thing is...I kinda always thought the app was slow...., but it took me a while to actually realize that I had 3.0 now. I guess according to the developers blog, it had been out by the time I got the phone.

Did you guys think the upgrade was significant? How about pre-Nodo and post Nodo phones?

And Daniel....I love your voice...but if you promise to post things about future updates....you should post things about future updates?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Just realized I've got 3.0 as well. Can't speak of performance improvements as I rarely use Google Voice nowadays, but it's still laggy when swiping between pivots. It seems the same before and after Nodo.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is this project dead? The paid app is gone entirely... any other recommendations for a Google Voice app? Free Talk seems like a viable option...

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of GoVoice, and ultimately Google Voice. GoVoice stopped giving me notifications and the app was behaving strangely, always giving me an error while connecting, closing by itself, etc. Without notifications what's the point?

I'm hoping MS comes up with more features for visual voicemail and the like. Maybe they'll integrate Skype to provide more GV-like features, although that will take a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon