Push Channel Limit Exceeded

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I think Weather Live may have been pulled because of this message. I have no where near 15 apps sending push notifications or using live tiles, but I would get this message every time I launched the app. Anyone else getting this?

But this made me start thinking. What if I was at 15? Do you guys really think I would be able to tell you all 15? No way, there does need to be a way to show all apps sending push/live tile info. This way you can easily decide which ones to keep, or just not have a limit.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The only way you can tell is with an unlocked phone with a registry editor app. Supposedly this is fixed in Mango and the limit is increased to 30 but there is no way to verify if the situation is fixed since you can't load the registry editor. I suspect jimski will be along shortly to add any information I left out :).

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I think Weather Live may have been pulled because of this message.

Nah the developer has said why his app was pulled...

"The app is using the undocumented (but very popular) Google weather API and late yesterday, there was a major outage at the back end. As such, all live tiles stopped working at the time. I suspect it is because Google blocked my server's access since I have ~1500 queries per hour on the hour...

I made several changes to alleviate the peak load and fortunately they seem to unblocked me this morning. So live tiles started working again. To hopefully ensure users are not subject to the downtime any more, I pulled the app from marketplace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon