MSN Weather update issue

acermark

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Apparently there is an issue with the update today with the app showing only backgrounds that are for night time weather, I was told though a fix is on it's way however!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've encountered the same issue with the "new" MSN Weather app, among a number of other "bugs" with the app. Some of the other bugs are: location on live tile doesn't update automatically; only the "home" and not the "current location" gets pinned to the start screen; "current location" doesn't return to my "home" location (i.e. "current location" and "home location" cannot have the same location even if I'm in the same place); weather stops being displayed in the live tile (just a blue tile with the white sun in the center); refresh button does nothing.

VB Iyer

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Please go to Settings and you can chose if you want Current Location OR Home to be pinned to the Start Screen. Current Location is determined based on what GPS based location detection.

acermark

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've encountered the same issue with the "new" MSN Weather app, among a number of other "bugs" with the app. Some of the other bugs are: location on live tile doesn't update automatically; only the "home" and not the "current location" gets pinned to the start screen; "current location" doesn't return to my "home" location (i.e. "current location" and "home location" cannot have the same location even if I'm in the same place); weather stops being displayed in the live tile (just a blue tile with the white sun in the center); refresh button does nothing.

Yep, I am getting the blue tiles as well. I really think they should just go back to the previous version now until they fix all the bugs. I was told an update will be at least 3 weeks away at least.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
There was an update today for this app and now it downloads the update but can't install it . Keeps giving me an error to try to reload . Any one else having this issue I'm on att on l1520

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia is 625 and doesn't have the glance.
I have the latest update of MSN WEATHER and personally I feel very happy 😊 for this., Live tile updates and lock screen setting is awesome.,
The previous version had problem in live tile updates., if u not using the internet for an hour, the tile will changed back to default blue. But the new works fine in this. It displays the weather details all time even if u switched off the internet. I.e. When your data is off, it will display the details of weather what you had while switching off data.
Those who are having problem in current location can head into settings change the app launch to current location. Then you can pin it to the start screen., it updates smoothly for me.,

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Here you guys can see this the weather updates., in live tile as well as in lock screen.,😊

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141004_0009.png
    wp_ss_20141004_0009.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 4
  • wp_ss_20141004_0006.png
    wp_ss_20141004_0006.png
    448.2 KB · Views: 4
  • wp_ss_20141004_0008.png
    wp_ss_20141004_0008.png
    280.6 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Forum statistics