Apps won't update

therealcostanza

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Have had a bunch of apps that won't update for about 2 months now. Tried over LTE, wifi, with the preview for developers on and off. Installed Denim on my 1520 two days ago and hoped that would solve it - no go.

they download fine, but crap out when they try to install. I don't get a specific error, just an option to view the new app's release notes.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I would try a factory reset. It's not as bad as you'd think if you're all backed up. Fixed a whole bunch of weird things for me.

therealcostanza

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
that's not a bad idea, though my phone also won't back up. I've tried to back up for months, and the back up fails every time. I think it last worked before mid-Nov 2014 when I had to reset my phone and found a bunch of apps that had been removed from the store wouldn't restore.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a couple apps that didn't restore after the last time I did that too. Luckily they were not apps I used. Perhaps they were taken off the store.

Oh, try disabling text message backup and see if it clears the backup problem. If you have huge texts threads and media in the messages the backup tends to fail. But I think it usually causes issues syncing contacts.

Also, I just ran out of the free 1 GB upgrade to OneDrive I got last year and am over capacity. You may want to check your OneDrive space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2