"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Rhodie469

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Haven't received an email notification of shipment, but my credit card does show a pending transaction from Verizon dated yesterday. Hooray!
I almost caved and just got the black at the store yesterday, I'm glad I'm holding out for the blue. I want to stand out from all those with the basic black phones.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my ship notice and tracking number for my blue 8x as well. I'm guessing everyone that pre-ordered a blue 8x will be in the same boat finally. One week late, but its amazing how an email can brighten ones day! Now I'll have a new toy to play with during the Thanksgiving holiday.

peekb

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine and have a confirmation for my blue 8x from1:11am the night of the pre-order and still don't have a tracking number. The card has been charged, but not much else. Hoping that's enough at this point...

I went to 2 local stores yesterday, and while they had 5 in stock at each, an inventory problem in their system wouldn't allow them to sell it to me. At either location. I'm still awaiting a callback from the sales person at the first store who promised she'd get it squared away for me.

Verizon has really proven their uselessness in this whole thing for me. Makes me want to stick with ATT and pick up a 920.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered one for my wife to be shipped on 11/13 like most of you. Finally got my update notification today via email with a FedEx tracking number indicating FedEx picked up the device Sunday (11/18) in Memphis TN, it'll be in transit Monday and Tuesday, and should arrive Wednesday (11/21) here on the outskirts of Seattle.

Very disappointed since it took ~60 minutes of time on the phone to order the device via their sales dept only to have it delayed like the rest of you. Add two 15 minute follow up calls asking about an update for the missing 11/13 phone. 1 hour 30 minutes spent trying to give them my money to get the phone - on pre-order no less.

I drove by a Verizon store Thursday afternoon on a whim and there was no line and plenty in stock. So I picked mine up in-store Thursday afternoon without any fuss. Tried to cancel wife's order on the spot and they claimed it was 'in-progress' and they couldn't (not true, since they did do this exact thing 2 years ago when the same scenario played out with our matching Droid Incredibles). Very disappointed that it's arriving 6 days later, after extensive wrestling and a suppossed 'pre-order' - and 5 days after I walked into a store and purchased one straight up.

I can understand shipping delays. But this could have been handled better at the start (ordering took way too long), and when the delay occurred (an email was nice, but no ETA was a bummer) and it all played out almost a week later than a pre-order customer should have had to wait.

Whether it's DSL, home phone service or the 3 batches of phones we've ordered from Verizon over the years, I have to say it's the same: Great service once it's up and running. But a royal pain to get, change or order new service or devices.

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I checked my credit card and the charge for my phone is official. The web site does not show a tracking number yet. I called customer service and all they can tell me is that is out of the warehouse if they already charged me, but when it gets in the FedEx truck then they get a tracking number. I guess I have to keep waiting and hope that I will see a trucking number today. Did you guys get your tracking numbers soon after the credit card was charged or you had to wait a while ?

peekb

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I checked my credit card and the charge for my phone is official. The web site does not show a tracking number yet. I called customer service and all they can tell me is that is out of the warehouse if they already charged me, but when it gets in the FedEx truck then they get a tracking number. I guess I have to keep waiting and hope that I will see a trucking number today. Did you guys get your tracking numbers soon after the credit card was charged or you had to wait a while ?

Same place you are, same answer you got. Card was charged over the weekend, website switched from "pre-order" to "order", but still no tracking number. Person I spoke with today swears it will ship today via 2-day and I'll have it by/on Wednesday. At this point I have very little confidence in that being true. :)

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys. I did't think that it could take up to the day of delivery to get a tracking #, but now that I know then I won't get desperate if I don't see the number today. As long my 8X is getting close to me it's all that I care. I can't wait to have it in my hands. I saw one in my local BestBuy and is a beauty. I couldn't hold it the way I wanted because of the security cord they put on won't allow it. They had the phone right next to some new tablets and It was the first thing you would see when you walked to the cell phone area. Very well placed to be seen.

jkarasch

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

After it charged my card, I think it was around the night time the next day I got an actual tracking number placed on mine.

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Thank you guys for the info. I didn't know that it would take that long to get a tracking #. Then I won't worry if I don't see the # soon. I wonder why it takes that long to get a tracking #, it's kind of useless to get it the day of delivery but I guess it's better than never.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Tracking Number:
plus.gif

minus.gif

This is what shows up for my order. Supposedly going to deliver tomorrow since i got overnight delivery....shouldnt i have a tracking njumber by now since it is almost 4pm est?

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I must say that my pre-order experience has been fine. Must better than other companies (*cough* Google). Although I do feel bad for those who have had much worse to this point.

My black 8x is "out for delivery" right now. Based on FedEx's delivery schedule around here I hope to have it around 3PM Pacific. I pre-ordered at VZW.com immediately after it was available. At that time it did indicate shipping on 11/3. I then got the email confirming the delay with 30% off case discount. However, I must say I had a feeling it would be delayed since VZW.com changed shipping to 11/15. I did get my shipping confirmation email on 11/15, but noticed VZW.com shipping had moved to 11/27 or 29th (don't remember exactly). So, I would think if pre-ordered a black 8x when they first were available to do so, then you should be getting your device today. Good luck to all!

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

This is what shows up for my order. Supposedly going to deliver tomorrow since i got overnight delivery....shouldnt i have a tracking njumber by now since it is almost 4pm est?

That's what happened with mine on Thursday... It actually shipped about 3:00 that day, but I didn't get a tracking email until 7:00 that night... after I'd figured they were just putting a hold to make it harder to cancel and purchased one from the store... guess I'll return the one coming in the mail.

jake1110

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Cooperma - Did you pre-order the black or blue model? I still haven't heard anything about my business account order yet regarding my blue model. I called all the area stores and they've sold out all their stock(black model) since last week and they have no idea when they'll get more in.

I'm not sure if it's even worth a call to Verizon yet though, not much they can tell me that I haven't learned from here!

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Does fedex immediately update a package as delivered on the site or is it updated at the end of the day? Can someone who got theirs today check their tracking info?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon