Amazing Weather HD live tile stopped updating after Portico update

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
After my upgrade to Portico, I've noticed that the live tile stopped refreshing (set to hourly and WiFi set to always on) even though I am on
WiFi. Noticed this multiple times yesterday, tried unpinning and pinning back the live tile (from within the app) and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app but nothing helped. Anybody else noticing this?
Btw, the live tile worked flawlessly for me before the update.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Weather Flow stopped updating on mine as well. I have to manually go into the app to refresh it. The lock screen stopped updating as well

eizsoft

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, if you are having trouble updating live tile after the update try to un check the always WiFi on feature and try?

- Note: The tile should be pinned from the app.

AFuentesJr

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I think I've fixed the problem: First off, it isn't just Amazing Weather HD that was affected, most Live Tiles of 3rd party apps on my Nokia Lumia 920 weren't updating after Portico. What I did was hold the volume down and power buttons to reset the phone, and held it well past 10 seconds (the phone vibrated about 5 times before I let go), basically it was back to back resets. Everything is working great now and all Live Tiles are updating normally. Hope this helps :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I got in touch with the WP support team on Twitter and this is what they suggested:
"Can you uninstall the apps, clear the IE history on the phone, power down by holding down power & vol down, reinstall & pin?"
I was skeptical if this would work since I had done something similar earlier and it hadn't worked (only step I hadn't followed was clearing the IE history). So I followed these steps and have had working live tiles for more than half a day now.
Please give this a shot, hope this works for everybody having trouble with live tiles post Portico.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Seems as though wp8 is having issues with certain apps. I had to remove vevo to stop a 6% every 2 minute battery drain. Heck windows 8 is buggy as crap too. Oh well still keepin my 8x!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon