Lumia 620 Power Button Broke

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Today the power button stopped working.

I cant lock the screen or unlocked the phone with thwe power button to make the screen active.

The phone is running because if I plug it to the mains via USB the screen comes to life and i can unlock the phone.

I think the connection on the phone is buggered or the button is.

I think I will return the phone at carephonewarehouse or ask for it to be fixed. Will they do that?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Today the power button stopped working.

I cant lock the screen or unlocked the phone with thwe power button to make the screen active.

The phone is running because if I plug it to the mains via USB the screen comes to life and i can unlock the phone.

I think the connection on the phone is buggered or the button is.

I think I will return the phone at carephonewarehouse or ask for it to be fixed. Will they do that?

If there is a fault with the phone they are compelled to repair it under the phones European two year limited warranty.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
How long should it take to reset a phone? There wasnt much on it only a handful of apps.v Its been doing it for well over an hour now.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I went into setting, about and reset phone.

had spinning gears for a good hour or so now.

Should I take the battery out?

Has it bricked?

I want to return the phone, this takes the ****.

chklumia

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I went into setting, about and reset phone.

had spinning gears for a good hour or so now.

Should I take the battery out?

Has it bricked?

I want to return the phone, this takes the ****.
hm....i never try via that method,but i know flashing the phone via pc is not more than 10 minute....

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
ive connected it to my pc and that the only way I can get it to come back on as the power buttons buggered. but all I get is gears and my pc wont pic the phone up as its not booting

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
its going through the phone set up now. the question is if the phones lock/power button works again. If not im returning it. Only had it like 2 months

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So I took it to the carphonewarehouse and they are going to send it off for repairs and ill get it back in 10-14 days.

In the mean time I get to use a an old candy bar phone lol.

I think ill sell the 620 when I get it back, these kind of hardware faults after 2 months is not on. Never had this problem with my iPhone 4 after 2 years of use.

chklumia

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So I took it to the carphonewarehouse and they are going to send it off for repairs and ill get it back in 10-14 days.

In the mean time I get to use a an old candy bar phone lol.

I think ill sell the 620 when I get it back, these kind of hardware faults after 2 months is not on. Never had this problem with my iPhone 4 after 2 years of use.

good luck bro....what kind of phone u plan to get after u sell the 620?hm......i think you're bad luck actually,i never accounted problem with the phone

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Why dont you buy a new cover or shells for your 620. New cover = new power button

Because Ive had the phone for 2 months and ill be dammed if I have to pay for something that should still be working. I checked the actual button on the shell and it works fine, its just a bit of rubber. I actually think its the connection which is why it needs repairs.

I think Ill just go back to the iPhone 4. It worked, pure and simple, in over 2 years I never had a problem like that. Also with the dodging touchscreen response I keep getting its put me off WP8. Dont get me wrong I love the OS and the UI but when the hardware is acting up like this I just don't need the hassle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital