Strange Ativ S Problem

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I was using a 'Reset' Ativ S, yesterday I got me a 'fresh' one. I was having issues with my Skydrive tiles under Photos not updating. I also reformatted my microSD card on my new device, I had formatted it on my 8S before that. Later I noticed some hidden WP8 system files. Now everything works perfectly. I will keep an eye on the reboot issues I had. Maybe my new device will have less of these (because of sudden signal loss). I will, when I have time, re-install my other Ativ S, to figure out if it will still show the same problems with Skydrive.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Skydrive tiles seems to be a bug on all WP's, not just the Ativ. With any luck it'll be a GDR fix and not wait for Blue.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I fixed it. Very easy to fix.

- Open SkyDrive. Select an existing photo folder and add a single picture you will delete later.
- Open Photos, make sure that the single picture you will delete later shows up.
- Open Skydrive and create photo new folders. Create (OldName-B folders) move all your pictures to these new folders.
- Delete all empty old folders on SkyDrive.
- Rename your folders to the old names.
- Move the files from the camera roll to a "old camera roll folder".
- Delete the camera roll folder on Skydrive.
- Go to your account on the phone and hold your finder on it to get the Sync Now option.
- Go to Photos and try to delete that single picture... you should get an error.
- After some time, the phone recreates all the folders properly with an showing icon.

:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes