Lumia 925 automatically reboots

HPDeskjet

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This random rebooting is also happening with my Lumia 925, bought in The Netherlands [Europe]. As it's an unlocked 'phone, I've installed the GDR 2 software update from MS. I did this yesterday and, up until now, I've not had an automatic reboot. Hopefully this has been sorted with the GDR2 update. Time will tell.

On another note, the Lumia 925 does seem to get rather hot when carrying out even the most mundane of tasks. The top section of the 'phone above the camera is getting ridiculously hot even with one app open and no others. I have read that others are experiencing this as well. I've sent an E-mail to Nokia Support [Europe] regarding this issue. I have no desire to have a Lumia 925 burst in to flames in my pocket.

lukeap69

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am surprised that there are many cases of reboots. I had mine for 2 weeks now and no single reboot eversince. Hope all your issues will be sorted out.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Toni Juanico Soler

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I updated my Nokia Lumia 925 to Windows phone 8 GDR3 (8.0.10512.142) since that no random reeboots (24 hours and counting). I followed this simply instructions:

1. Sign up into Windows Phone App Studio, use your Windows phone account. (Windows Phone App Studio | Microsoft)
2. Install app Preview for Developers App from marketplace
3. Enable preview for developers (in the Preview for Developers App)
4. Search in your Windows phone for new updates....

This avoid your carrier warranty, be careful!!.

KaDeBo

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I bought my Nokia Lumia 1 month ago and it has been the worst experience ever.

From the start the screen turned black regularly and I had the idea the mobile was still on but could not get any button to function. Complete reboot was the only solution.
The last 2 weeks my phone starts to fall out completely and this 3 times a day. Only rebooting is a solution, which causes issues with a lot of settings (time, day, wifi). On top of that the conection with my BMW bluetooth only works from time to time. This means: sometimes it connects automatically and sometimes not. When connected in a conversation, the bluetooth disconnects several times during that 1 conversation.
But the one thing that was certain is that if I had called in the car the phone would completley fall out agin. Rebooting is again the only solution.
The back end ( Top side) gets pretty hot at certain times as well.

After this months horrible experience I have now brought it back to the vendor. I have received a replacement phone ( old crapy thing) and will now have to wait for 3 weeks to get an answer on what is wrong with my phone.
I have never in my life experienced a more horrible experience with a phone like with this Nokia Lumia 925. It is my first windows phone experience but probably also my last.
Not only from and experience perspective but also from a service perspective : 3 weeks to get an answer for something that is clearly not working !!!!

teddy.it

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 (O2, UK) Lumia Black, OS 8.0.10521.155. I had since the update 2 reboots and the last one (this morning) drained my battery from 95% to 10%. Never had this issues before of the update.

The battery went back to 100% after connecting it to my Windows 8.1 laptop to charge the battery and starting the Windows Phone software for Windows 8.1.

Last edited:

mschmi02

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
i also had to send mine back this week after it started rebooting randomly. I thought it may be related to the app folders issue reported this week?

gremlingswe

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Any one that has turn the phone in to a service? did they find anything or not?

i have this to on my lumia 1520.. I love it, but when it turns it self off when i am typing in word, BIG NO!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes