07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 454647
tools
    Hi guys,

New to the forum after just buying an unlocked AT&T Nokia 920. Don't like the AT&T crapware and and want to unlock the hidden features, i.e. tethering and datasense. Would this process of flashing the 920, set out in the OP, still be viable? And curious as to why the french rom is required? Can we not just use the Rogers rom, after it has been updated?

Cheers.
    04-14-2014 05:58 PM
    Hi guys,

New to the forum after just buying an unlocked AT&T Nokia 920. Don't like the AT&T crapware and and want to unlock the hidden features, i.e. tethering and datasense. Would this process of flashing the 920, set out in the OP, still be viable? And curious as to why the french rom is required? Can we not just use the Rogers rom, after it has been updated?

Cheers.
    Yes, the flashing process is still valid and current. I flashed my once-AT&T 920 using these instructions. Just follow the instructions fully and you'll have an unbranded phone with Data Sense and tethering (see last page for tethering trick). I can say this, you do need to flash the Rogers pre-portico rom in order to flash the French rom. It won't allow you to flash the French rom with the stock AT&T rom...I tried it.
    04-14-2014 09:46 PM
    Yes, the flashing process is still valid and current. I flashed my once-AT&T 920 using these instructions. Just follow the instructions fully and you'll have an unbranded phone with Data Sense and tethering (see last page for tethering trick). I can say this, you do need to flash the Rogers pre-portico rom in order to flash the French rom. It won't allow you to flash the French rom with the stock AT&T rom...I tried it.
    Thanks L Beezy.

Do I have to update the software only with the Rogers pre-portico rom installed, or can I flash the French rom straight after the Rogers pre-portico rom, and then do the OTA update? (I work on a cruise ship so getting a decent wifi connection is an issue, so I want to do this right the first time :))
    04-15-2014 12:03 PM
    Thanks L Beezy.

Do I have to update the software only with the Rogers pre-portico rom installed, or can I flash the French rom straight after the Rogers pre-portico rom, and then do the OTA update? (I work on a cruise ship so getting a decent wifi connection is an issue, so I want to do this right the first time :))
    Just to be on the safe side I would update with the pre-portico ROM as the instructions say. You can't go wrong with following 'em.
    04-15-2014 03:42 PM
    I installed the French rom by following the instruction. Then upgraded to Lumia Black. Access Point had only the AT&T option. Installed the Spanish(Spanish) keyboard regardless. Tethering worked only when I connected my iphone or my Samsung Focus. When connecting to my laptops, the WiFi icon indicated the connection was limited. When trying to reach a website, it always said resolving host in the status bar. After a few second, it said page not found. Anyone any idea?
    05-04-2014 06:32 PM
    when a try to flash the rogers rom (rm-820), this message appears: "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.".
    please help me
    05-15-2014 05:41 PM
    when a try to flash the rogers rom (rm-820), this message appears: "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.".
    please help me
    a late response, but there might be a toggle somewhere that disables checking for the right code or something like that somewhere in the settings. i think i ran into this last year, but the specifics are fuzzy.
    08-20-2014 08:39 PM
    My friend, you must realize how valuable your tutorial has been to me. I used this tutorial to flash my ATT RM 820 about a year ago and it worked just as you have described. I installed Prev for Dev to get an early version of Windows 8.1/Cyan. Windows recommended to use the software recovery tool to downgrade back to Black in order to get the official 8.1/Cyan. The software recovery tool did not work with my phone [I am guessing because the phone was being identified as RM 820 even though I flashed it to RM 821...so the Tool thought I was connecting 2 phones at once].
    Anyway, I went back to your tutorial and reflashed RM 821 Amber. That has led me to the Official Windows 8.1/Cyan update last night August 22 2014 in USA.
    Thank you!!!
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-23-2014 04:40 PM
    I am getting an error 1722 installing NCS. Does anyone have any idea why that would be?
    08-25-2014 06:29 AM
    I was running rm 821 on my at&t L920. I updated the phone to cyan thru ota. Now the phone cannot connect to LTE. Anyone experience the same thing?
    Last edited by atisho; 08-27-2014 at 12:17 AM.
    08-26-2014 11:21 PM
    I was running rm 821 on my at&t L920. I updated the phone to cyan thru ota. Now the phone cannot connect to LTE. Anyone experience the same thing?
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-cyan-lte.html
    Yup.

I noticed i no longer have VVM, but I do have tethering like I was supposed to.
    08-27-2014 01:56 PM
    I'm in the same boat...guess there's a reason why AT&T is still testing Cyan.
    I lost LTE after flashing from Rogers to French (mostly because I wanted Cyan), then I went back to Rogers in an effort to get LTE back...no dice. Now I'm on the ATT Dev Rom and still suffering.
    Curiosity killed the cat :(
    08-30-2014 08:57 PM
    I'm in the same boat...guess there's a reason why AT&T is still testing Cyan.
    I lost LTE after flashing from Rogers to French (mostly because I wanted Cyan), then I went back to Rogers in an effort to get LTE back...no dice. Now I'm on the ATT Dev Rom and still suffering.
    Curiosity killed the cat :(
    I think some people got it back in the thread I linked above or something. the reason is for inherent differences in the ROM. but ROGERS released it sooner, so AT&T is just being slow, although theyre the only carrier to release 8.1 to any of their phones yet.
    08-30-2014 09:03 PM
    I think some people got it back in the thread I linked above or something. the reason is for inherent differences in the ROM. but ROGERS released it sooner, so AT&T is just being slow, although theyre the only carrier to release 8.1 to any of their phones yet.
    Yeah, I've been following that thread and waiting for someone to report getting LTE back on an AT&T branded phone. Hopefully it's possible.
    08-31-2014 07:37 AM
    Does anyone if using this method for getting the gdr2 update would have any negative effect on obtaining the Cyan 8.1 update for my Lumia 920? I've been trying to put Cyan on the phone and it's just not working. Do I have to flash the phone back to the original rom first? And yes, I do have the devs preview on the phone.
    09-08-2014 05:33 AM
    Does anyone if using this method for getting the gdr2 update would have any negative effect on obtaining the Cyan 8.1 update for my Lumia 920? I've been trying to put Cyan on the phone and it's just not working. Do I have to flash the phone back to the original rom first? And yes, I do have the devs preview on the phone.
    No, it would however, change the source where the update comes from, which CAN have a negative effect (if you say flash to ROGERS but they decide to no longer push updates), but if you choose the French CV you'll be fine.
    Don't think flashing back to the original ROM is necessary.
    09-08-2014 07:14 PM
    Thanks for you quick reply Xandros9 :)

As I mention before, I used the flashing method in this article earlier on when I first got my Lumia 920, to obtain the GDR2 update, and now I've tried to use NSRT to obtain Cyan while having the Devs Preview installed. I'm on a 64bit Windows 7 (Sp1) Home Premium PC. What could be the problem?

Note: I tried to attach screenshots of the errors, but the site won't let me due to lack of post counts. Anyway, the main errors I get are "0x80131500 Software installed has failed, you may try to recover or cancel". Also, "Phone Not Supported". Any ideas of what could be causing these, and what I could try? Thanks. :)
    09-08-2014 11:35 PM
    I found the fix for LTE on at&t phones flashed to rogers, or any EU rom. I go into detail about it in the other thread.
    xandros9 and Derausgewanderte like this.
    09-10-2014 02:44 AM
    why are u flashing the at&t phone for two times,why cant u flash the phone and directly install amber rom......

by the way at&t rom can be downloaded using "nokia software updater for retail".
    09-12-2014 05:08 AM
    My Lumia 920 product code 059N5T5 and RM821. how can I flash and which rom?
    09-26-2014 02:31 PM
    My Lumia 920 product code 059N5T5 and RM821. how can I flash and which rom?
    you can download the firmware for your product here:
    Free Download Firmwares Nokia Lumia 920 RM-820 Product Code 059N5T5 MrCrab.Net - 3051.50009.1425.2001
    or look at this blog:
    http://www.seidea.com/2014/09/20/sof...009-1425-2001/

it appears to be a RM-820 and it was flashed with an RM-821 rom in the past.
    09-26-2014 09:40 PM
    Hello everyone. i just want to flash my lumia 920 rm821 to rogers rm 820 because i have no static ip option in my lumia and rogers have it for a long time. Is it possible to do so? Because when i try to flash it directly to rogers rom via nokia care suit it gives error message "0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device." I am on windows phone 8.1 denim update.
    any help.....
    04-02-2015 06:03 AM
    It is nothing show out after I clicked the "Update List"
    Can you tell me what is happening to me ?
    07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 454647