Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to Get all GDR2/Amber features on ANY L920 TODAY! [French ROM]

Which rom did flash? I first flashed the Rogers pre portico, then the euro dev. I changed my access setting to att lte 1...instead of it saying "LTE" at the top it only says "L" which I assume means lte...i did a network test with Microsoft's app I got around 30 mbs download so I'm fine with it.

Jason McPherson

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Which rom did flash? I first flashed the Rogers pre portico, then the euro dev. I changed my access setting to att lte 1...instead of it saying "LTE" at the top it only says "L" which I assume means lte...i did a network test with Microsoft's app I got around 30 mbs download so I'm fine with it.

I flashed the French Rom, and I am just getting an H or H+. When running Speed Tests I am only getting around 1.5mb/s.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I flashed the French Rom, and I am just getting an H or H+. When running Speed Tests I am only getting around 1.5mb/s.

Hey man, I'm glad you were able to update. About LTE, have you changed the access point settings? Have you enabled 4G speeds in cellular, in settings? Did you previously have LTE coverage in your area?

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

About step 3. My folder C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages does not have products' sub folder. Should I create one?

Martin Asd

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

Can I install this over an apac_taiwan version? it?s stuck on the cog wheel....
Any special instruction?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

About step 3. My folder C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages does not have products' sub folder. Should I create one?

ah, the reddit guy, right? Try uninstalling and reinstalling NCS, there should be a pre-made folder. Otherwise, ncs might not recognize the roms.

Martin Asd

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

about an hour....should i wait some more?
Do you speak spanish right? my english is bad....

chuey101

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: How/Why to Get Data Sense/FM radio/ on at&t L920 TODAY [French Amber/GDR2 ROM]

No worries. I enjoyed learning how to do this. The tethering is part of my plan regardless if I ever used it or not, which, to be honest, I didn't really use it too much. Besides, I still have my 8X if I need to tether for any reason. Thanks for the great work.

if u lost tethering try installing the Spanish keyboard (Spain only not,Mexico!). Once installed,check tethering. Should,be working,again. Then just uninstall the Spanish keyboard!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

What do you mean you cannot flash back original firmware? It has never been an issue to revert back to any firmware as long as you have your firmware files! I'm a bit baffled. I am reading through your thread and have reached page 3 but this has bugged me and there are 7 more pages to go!

robergroso

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

ah, the reddit guy, right? Try uninstalling and reinstalling NCS, there should be a pre-made folder. Otherwise, ncs might not recognize the roms.

in preferences you can change rom folder and download folder. then press update button in recovery screen

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean you cannot flash back original firmware? It has never been an issue to revert back to any firmware as long as you have your firmware files! I'm a bit baffled. I am reading through your thread and have reached page 3 but this has bugged me and there are 7 more pages to go!
nobody was able to go back to att after flashing Rogers. It would say it is incompatible. Even folks at xda tried this without luck. Let us know if you find something else or a solution. I hesitate to flash without a way back in case something stops working.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: How/Why to Get Data Sense/FM radio/ on at&t L920 TODAY [French Amber/GDR2 ROM]

if u lost tethering try installing the Spanish keyboard (Spain only not,Mexico!). Once installed,check tethering. Should,be working,again. Then just uninstall the Spanish keyboard!

Wow! That fixed it. Tethering now works. Appreciate the help.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

about an hour....should i wait some more?
Do you speak spanish right? my english is bad....

Si, hablo espa?ol de Guatemala. Todav?a estas esperando? No es bueno interruptor el proceso del update.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

August 14th update: Reworded tutorial for clarity, added more warnings and new info from the thread.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I flashed the france+amber rom using the OP's guide (very useful and clear, I've done so many android and this is actually easier). It took me a while to setup all of my apps and to get all of the nokia system apps updated here is the link for those who need it (http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...nokia-app-settings-updates-qr-code-links.html), I've pretty much enabled everything I could, like SMS and call blocking (if it works this is awesome), the glance and double tap to unlock(I though it was going to take you directly to the password screen but it only takes you to your lock screen, in the future I would like to get notifications here instead of lighting up the whole screen post them on the glance screen. Data Sense was also pretty straight forward to setup.

Now lets wait and see how the battery reacts to all these changes.

FYI, I haven't been able to install Video Trimmer, and I dont know how to see what Bluetooth version we are running on the phones if anybody can point that out it would be great.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I forgot to mention that I didn't install the spanish (spain) keyboard, I use two keyboards US and Spanish (mexico), both are installed and Internet sharing is working.

Jason McPherson

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Hey man, I'm glad you were able to update. About LTE, have you changed the access point settings? Have you enabled 4G speeds in cellular, in settings? Did you previously have LTE coverage in your area?

The only thing that I have done in Access Point is switching between the three presets (Default ATT 3G, LTE 1 and LTE 2) and checking that I have 4G enabled was one of the first things I did. And yes, I do have LTE coverage in my Area.

Felipe Mazzocchi

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm stuck in step 6... it says that is not finding my phone even after retrying with volume key down... what am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes