Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be typical that although the Nokia site reports an update is available it takes a while to show up and become available to users.

tristan.rice

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
So there are actually two updates for the Hong Kong Lumia 920. The first took about 10 minutes and is not the Amber update. You will need to manually check again after the first update to find the second. I am installing the second now, which I assume is the actual Amber update.

FelipeLemos

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So there are actually two updates for the Hong Kong Lumia 920. The first took about 10 minutes and is not the Amber update. You will need to manually check again after the first update to find the second. I am installing the second now, which I assume is the actual Amber update.
Yeah, the first update is the 1314 firmware and then Amber.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for the GDR2 ROM for my Nokia Lumia 920.
I would like to have the version for Belgium.

According to Nokia's Europe Availability site, it's available to both Sim Free and Proximus L920's, so you should already be able to receive it OTA. Have you tried manually checking for updates from the settings screen?

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought my phone in France last year because Belgium had to wait for 3 extra months.
But now i still didn't receive the Amber update while my friends with the Belgian Rom got it more than a month ago.
I am afraid that the other updates will also take this long.

I don't get why it takes so long since it is an unbranded phone from the PhoneHouse in France(Lille).
If it's unbranded phone, Nokia directly gives you the update right?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought my phone in France last year because Belgium had to wait for 3 extra months.
But now i still didn't receive the Amber update while my friends with the Belgian Rom got it more than a month ago.
I am afraid that the other updates will also take this long.

I don't get why it takes so long since it is an unbranded phone from the PhoneHouse in France(Lille).
If it's unbranded phone, Nokia directly gives you the update right?

I would have thought it should have been done by now as well. What is the firmware number that is currently on the phone at the moment?

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I would have thought it should have been done by now as well. What is the firmware number that is currently on the phone at the moment?
This is the strange part my firmware number was not equal to the number on the nokia support page that was mentioned for the France unbranded country variant of the L920.

My number is:

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep, the France unbranded one is 3047.0000.1326.2002 on Nokia's site, but this is the GDR2/Amber Firmware; unfortunately we don't know what that Firmware number was before the update. The SFR one in France has not been updated, but I don't think that is related to you at all as it is not the same phone as yours, different firmware as well. It doesn't matter that you're in a different country either, as far as I understand, so to be honest I'm not sure what's going on with that one. It looks as though you're not alone though, many people are reporting the exact same problem here on Nokia's site. Somebody else may have some suggestions but I've got no further ideas other than to wait until it either comes OTA or somebody with the same issue gets a specific response from Nokia.

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep, the France unbranded one is 3047.0000.1326.2002 on Nokia's site, but this is the GDR2/Amber Firmware; unfortunately we don't know what that Firmware number was before the update. The SFR one in France has not been updated, but I don't think that is related to you at all as it is not the same phone as yours, different firmware as well. It doesn't matter that you're in a different country either, as far as I understand, so to be honest I'm not sure what's going on with that one. It looks as though you're not alone though, many people are reporting the exact same problem here on Nokia's site. Somebody else may have some suggestions but I've got no further ideas other than to wait until it either comes OTA or somebody with the same issue gets a specific response from Nokia.

Well i can tell you that the prev firmware number(Portico) didn't match either.

anon(8085328)

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20130927_0001.jpg wp_ss_20130927_0002.jpg I have the Lumia 920 on AT&T (U.S.) and I received "glance" in my "settings" menu [see images below]. I can't actually activate it or do anything inside the glance menu's options, but I think it's a sign that Amber is on the way. Has anyone else had this happen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon