Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
So sushi if someone lets say 4 websites come and tell you the camera,on the Ip5s is the best thing that happened to mankind you are going to believe? As far i see you have no own opinion you just link someone others words.
Its not about ****** or camera, you lack words to disscus it with mendes, so you go for the ****** card.
He proved his point, has put pictures etc. What did you do? Copy paste words from someone ( maybe a15yold fella who got no clue what he is writting).
You said for yourself prove your statement now where did you do that?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Like this fighting is gonna help -_- everyone has their own view..!! So let it beeeeeeee

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Tapatalk

Dethon

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
For me it's the same Rodrigo, color is way more natural after processing.
Some people prefer oversaturated colors and pure blacks and whites, it is prettier, but not realistic in my opinion.
The only "problem" is sharpness. I'd like a bit more of it, but it is a compromise (noise vs sharpness) and it isn't like the photos lack detail so I'm not complaining.

Apologies for the errors, English is not my native language. Feel free to correct me 😓

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
If you look at the thread you will see 4-5,ppl posting. I for one instance agree with mendes and stated the same thing with worser presentation.
Well lets say this is an usuels thread, and should be locked or soon we will get a thread whos father is stronger.

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I think it's more like a girlfriend face with excessive make up vs with no make up. My girlfriend already have cute face and by putting excessive make up makes her look like some opera actress while putting on some light make up does makes her looks a bit better. Luckily she always insist on some lip gloss and a bit of eye shadow instead all those layer of powders and mascara on top.

What we have with Nokia here, they always insist that there's nothing wrong with their image post processing even though we have told them how we like the unprocessed image. It's not like we really need unprocessed image, it's fine if the PP applied accordingly or mode dependant e.g; post processing (noise reduction + colour correction) for Night Mode with ISO 3200 while no post processing for Sports or Daylight mode with ISO lower than 400.

Dethon

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe we should be asking for a toggle instead of asking them to fix a (nonexistent) bug.

PS. Yes, I doubt this is a bug, most likely it is by design. You may like it or not, but I doubt it's accidental (bug).

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Maybe we should be asking for a toggle instead of asking them to fix a (nonexistent) bug.

PS. Yes, I doubt this is a bug, most likely it is by design. You may like it or not, but I doubt it's accidental (bug).

Strange thing that is by design (if you intend hw design)... with Portico we don't have this behavior ;-)

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
See the official forum of nokia:
Lumia 920 Camera Yellow Hue Problem (Amber Update) - Nokia Support Discussions
whats says the moderator (that work for Nokia):

"
Here's the official announcement about this matter:
"We have had some reports of slight colour shift when using the Nokia Pro Cam app, we are looking into this and expect a solution to be provided shortly."
"

but we are sure that is not a bug than why should I continues to talk about this ??? :)

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
See the official forum of nokia:
Lumia 920 Camera Yellow Hue Problem (Amber Update) - Nokia Support Discussions
whats says the moderator (that work for Nokia):

"
Here's the official announcement about this matter:
"We have had some reports of slight colour shift when using the Nokia Pro Cam app, we are looking into this and expect a solution to be provided shortly."
"

but we are sure that is not a bug than why should I continues to talk about this ??? :)

I don't think 'bug' is the correct term. The problem here as Dethon mentioned is because it's by design, or to be specific, how the post processing should work as intended by Nokia.
Instead of asking them to fix the bug, lets tell them that we don't like how certain post processing works.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I did some tests here. Lumia 920 + Amber Update (my father's device). I'm sorry to say, but who have problems with post process need to send your devices to Nokia Care, because I think it's all broken. This time, like Himanshu Chowdhary, I will try to prove my point here:

Send the phones to Nokia Care? For what?? These problems were not present before Amber!! The processing algorithm was doing a great job. After Amber Nokia messed up things, even for 1020.

Photos lack sharpness, look blurry. Before Amber nothing was wrong so don't tell me our phones got wrecked by the OTA update, phaleease. I have reflashed it with Amber Firmware from scratch and got the same bad photos so...
No one is barking here about colors. We are talking about excessive blur, LACK!!! of SHARPNESS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes