10-19-2013 10:19 AM
1,126 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Does GDR2 really add enough to make a big difference, especially after AT&T is done stripping it?
    09-25-2013 04:36 PM
    This has been tried as well, there have been several people (myself included) who have contacted AT&T's Office of the President, and Joe Belfiore, regarding the stonewall job from AT&T. The Office of the President gave the same answers that customer service has been giving, almost word for word. This seems to be an official response from AT&T. Joe Belfiore didn't bother to respond at all. As for the software engineers that are working on the update, well the consensus seems to be that there's one part-time intern in a windowless cubicle somewhere in an AT&T office building, with limited WP knowledge, who spends most of his work time going "c'mon, guys! I wanna play with an iPhone!"

Someones put a video by Lewis Black best sums up ATT, on http://forums.windowscentral.com/car...article-t.html worth a watch, at least it will make you laugh !!!!

Some other people have stated that flooding customer service throws off their metrics, which is a very good idea and should get some long-term attention. In the short term, hammering Facebook and Twitter, while seeming futile, will get noticed.

I've also posted a thread in a different section asking WPC to do an article on AT&T and their treatment of WP customers, lend that some support as well. http://forums.windowscentral.com/car...article-t.html

I think the important thing isn't really who you're talking to, but that you're talking. The more AT&T gets hammered, from more directions, the sooner they may realize that their WP customers want to be taken seriously.

Either that or we start leaning on Microsoft to take their business to Verizon, but that doesn't seem to be likely.
    09-25-2013 04:46 PM
    Does GDR2 really add enough to make a big difference, especially after AT&T is done stripping it?
    For most people it's Amber that's really the big deal. In my case I just need the wav file support because that's what our Cisco voice mail system uses for voice mail attachments over email.
    JackG058 and erichunt like this.
    09-25-2013 05:16 PM
    I mind this very much because it establishes a terrible precedent. So now AT&T gets to decide which updates are critical and which aren't? How about the day AT&T decides my Lumia 920 isn't worth their bother and stops pushing updates altogether
    ?
    hmmmm, sounds like my Samsung Focus.
    bachone likes this.
    09-25-2013 05:47 PM
    hmmmm, sounds like my Samsung Focus.
    The update for the Focus may be a little over a year late, but I'm sure it's coming. AT&T wouldn't let us down!

Yes, I'm still waiting...
    bachone and Noam Bonnie like this.
    09-25-2013 05:58 PM
    I can wait, but this is exactly what I was so excited about "enthusiast" program for. If that had rolled out as planned, then those of us who didn't want to wait and didn't care about voiding the warranty we'd have a way to move forward with an "official" update ready to go on day one.
    09-25-2013 08:00 PM
    YEs . this update allows the use of the nokia pro cam app. this app adds some things like higher iso to the phone. its a big improvement to picture quality.
    09-25-2013 08:22 PM
    The update for the Focus may be a little over a year late, but I'm sure it's coming. AT&T wouldn't let us down!

Yes, I'm still waiting...
    What Focus update? The Focus is soooooo easy to update to 7.8, if that's what you are referring to. All you need to do is switch it to Rogers and download the update. #Pieceofcake
    09-26-2013 07:12 AM
    For me, the update is huge because I can't wait to get the FM radio functionality. I listen to a lot of live sports which generally can't be streamed and it would have been nice to have a month ago when there was still some time left in the MLB season...
    09-26-2013 09:01 AM
    Hi again At&t,

Its September 26th and Eff you :)
    DatManWolf and lylone like this.
    09-26-2013 09:38 AM
    Any Hope for At&t?
    i checked the status page for Availability in North America.. and saw this........ any hope for At&t?
    capture.jpg
    09-26-2013 10:03 AM
    What Focus update? The Focus is soooooo easy to update to 7.8, if that's what you are referring to. All you need to do is switch it to Rogers and download the update. #Pieceofcake
    Not a matter of getting 7.8 just that AT&T never provided it.
    bachone likes this.
    09-26-2013 10:46 AM
    That's Canada and it's the Lumia 520, so it's not relevant to AT&T at all. Except maybe to remind us that we're definitely last in line.
    09-26-2013 10:56 AM
    Any Hope for At&t?
    i checked the status page for Availability in North America.. and saw this........ any hope for At&t?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	44382
    Translation: If your carrier name begins with an A, and ends with T&T, your last to the party. (I'm in the boat with you, btw).
    nohra likes this.
    09-26-2013 12:00 PM
    Come on now AT&T isn't last. They're tied for last with Aio and Koodo. Though I will say that Aio and Koodo are just holding out on the 620 not the flagship phone on the Premiere partner. rolleyes
    09-26-2013 12:27 PM
    For most people it's Amber that's really the big deal. In my case I just need the wav file support because that's what our Cisco voice mail system uses for voice mail attachments over email.
    I need it for Lotus Domino Email...
    09-26-2013 01:03 PM
    They don't really care about us <in my Michael Jackson voice>
    09-26-2013 02:15 PM
    Come on now AT&T isn't last. They're tied for last with Aio and Koodo. Though I will say that Aio and Koodo are just holding out on the 620 not the flagship phone on the Premiere partner. rolleyes
    Aio is a subsidiary of AT&T, so they don't count as a different carrier.
    fpostrow, phirefly and DalekSnare like this.
    09-26-2013 04:15 PM
    Aio is a subsidiary of AT&T, so they don't count as a different carrier.
    That, I did not know. Isn't Koodo what Sebubla said after losing the pod race in Star Wars?
    DalekSnare likes this.
    09-26-2013 04:31 PM
    I, too, got the buggy ROM - October 7th/October 21st story from one of my Nokia contacts. These were dates told to the carrier, which may mean that it could be earlier because the manufacturers pad their dates to the carriers, too. I'm just glad I didn't OTA a ROM that was buggy and happy to wait for the cleaned up version. There was public news about one of the 92X ROM's that was buggy and there is rumor that patches are being released for the other 920 ROM's during the month of October. This can't be compared with ROM's being released for other models, regardless of hardware similarity due to recent releases being built from the ground up with the GDR2/Amber updates, such as the 1020, 62X, and the 52X. Hope this helps.

matt
    phirefly and Derausgewanderte like this.
    09-26-2013 06:53 PM
    That, I did not know. Isn't Koodo what Sebubla said after losing the pod race in Star Wars?

Lol best comment ever
    fpostrow likes this.
    09-26-2013 09:37 PM
    I don't think we're going to get the update this month, in fact I'm beginning to wonder if we will get it ever. Really makes me wonder since AT&T is not giving any comment on what the problem is with these updates.
    sdunnin#WN likes this.
    09-27-2013 06:55 AM
    If they would just communicate something it would make it slightly better. If they are going to skip the GDR2 update and wait for 3, then just say it.
    ajj3085 likes this.
    09-27-2013 09:17 AM
    You need to speak to your Lotus Admin. I get email through lotus fine on mine. It's a different setup and something that has to be loaded on the Domino server.
    09-27-2013 11:06 AM
    If they would just communicate something it would make it slightly better. If they are going to skip the GDR2 update and wait for 3, then just say it.
    att is too big to communicate. Too many levels of interaction until you get to the source. By then all intelligence info is lost and a simple answer is we don't know or what is amber?
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-27-2013 11:07 AM
1,126 ... 2223242526 ...