Leather strap

Jono Brain

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I took delivery of my Lumia 1020 today from Expansys. The actual Nokia box wasn't sealed but the phone had all the covers on it and seemed ok. However I was just reading the review again at:

Nokia Lumia 1020

And noticed he shows the phone comes with a strap which i didn't get? Is this right? Should I have a strap in the box?

Also annoyingly I preordered and got the accessory pack but the case I got sent is yellow, according to Expansys Nokia only sent yellow accessory packs which seems a bit daft!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I took delivery of my Lumia 1020 today from Expansys. The actual Nokia box wasn't sealed but the phone had all the covers on it and seemed ok. However I was just reading the review again at:

Nokia Lumia 1020

And noticed he shows the phone comes with a strap which i didn't get? Is this right? Should I have a strap in the box?

Also annoyingly I preordered and got the accessory pack but the case I got sent is yellow, according to Expansys Nokia only sent yellow accessory packs which seems a bit daft!

My 1020 didn't come with a leather strap but the camera grip accessory did come with the strap.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Arrr ok, thanks the replies guys. Not opened the camera grip yet. Deciding whether to use this yellow cover or buy a black one.

If you have a look at the official Nokia 1020 site the USA site lists the leather strap as being part of the phones sales package. However, the global site does not list the leather strap as part of the sales package for the phone.

It is known for Nokia to include or omit certain things from the sales package according to the region the phone is being sold in. For instance, you didn't get any earphones with the 920 if bought in the USA on AT&T.

By the way, my 1020 and camera grip are yellow and look amazing. I'm quite proud to show off the yellow when I'm out and about. If your phone is black then the yellow grip will look even better thanks to the two colours complimenting each other just right.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine came with a strap, can't say it was leather, but def came with one.

Camera grip comes with leather, that's what I'm using.

What country/region are you from or more importantly what country/region did you get your phone from, if you don't mind me asking my friend?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
My 1020 came with the strap (lanyard) in the box. (U.S.)

Thanks Ed, that pretty much confirms that the US variant of the 1020 comes with a strap in the box.

My UK variant didn't though but I did get a nice leather one with the camera grip accessory.

Also, the OP mentioned that the box his phone came in wasn't sealed. Well neither was mine. Nor was the box sealed for my 920 either. Is this something that Nokia don't bother doing anymore?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Its strange that Nokia decided not to include a strap with the UK version, I find it really useful even if I don't use the camera grip. Also my US 1020 box also came unsealed as well, but everything was there, I am gussing that was so that ATT could put the sim and other crap into the phone box.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Its strange that Nokia decided not to include a strap with the UK version, I find it really useful even if I don't use the camera grip. Also my US 1020 box also came unsealed as well, but everything was there, I am gussing that was so that ATT could put the sim and other crap into the phone box.

Yeah, the strap is very useful every if you don't use the camera grip. I've got my strap permanently attached to the phone and find it's useful for pulling my phone out of my jeans pocket.

JustlMe

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Got mine from amazon , mine came with the lanyard, no free grip though :unhappy:

The lanyard is definitely helpful, esp when taking photos, extra insurance, and like above , makes life easy to pull it out of my jeans

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard