Insane continous reboots in Ativ S

tarthyel

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

My problem is I think started months ago, before the GDR2 i had problems with the restarts, the average was a daily once restart randomly. After the GDR2 i was very heppy, because the daily restarts are disappeared perfectly,. I had no restarts, but about 2 weeks ago my phone was possessed. Nowadays its crazy, because i have usually daily 6-12 restarts/day. 10 hours uptime is a record in a day. When its coming it does 3-4 a row with 10-20 minutes gaps between two reboots. I tried everything what I found on the internet/forums. Removed the sd card, tried the hard reset etc. , and every time this problem get back. It's interesting if I turned on the airplane mode, during that time it never restarted, but when I turned off, some minutes later I will get the restart wave.
Has anybody same problem or solution for that?

ak0ska

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't have GDR2, and my Ativ restarts occasionally. After some digging, I read that it might be related to the signal strength and the gsm module. In my case, that seems to be true, as the reboots only happen at work, where the reception is very bad, quite often no signal at all.
The fact that yours doesn't reboot in flight mode could match that theory. How's your signal strength when the reboots happen?

GTF696

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had this issue when the background apps are trying to pull a lot of data where there is poor signal. Try turning off things like Facebook. see if that helps.

After a hard reset and properly setting my APN/MMS settings (my phone is unlocked) there hasn't been any issue.

ATIV S
SGH-T899M
OS 8.0.10327.77
FW 2212.13.6.1
HW 15.3.1.0
RS 2212.13.6.1
RH 0.0.0.0
BL 13.04.19.21
Chip 1.5.32
interop-unlocked

tarthyel

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys the help. I will try your advice in small steps, firstly about noon i deleted my all apn-s and closed the background apps, it looks good at the moment. If I survive the night i will report it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2