The 1020 with external lenses - DIY

3bears

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Really cool simple but very effective your on to something great, Perhaps a clip on attachment. Yes i think it would work and a spacer wold be need to get the right distance once you get it. Great ideas are born with greater ideas when others help. But i thanks you. and aappeciate yoour idea and i love it. Where can i get a a macro lens.

TheTHM

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, sorry to keep slacking on this. I've been busy with work and travel, and haven't had much time to devote to updating the 3D model. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on it within the next month or so.

Victor Tango

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I am very interested in the Nokia 1020 external adaptor and lenses you were showing in this forum. Where can I see a price list, etc?
V

Dejan Zarev

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
This looks very interesting, is not that expensive but I do not know where to Serbia to see this.
I'd like to see him try it before buying.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone: if you want to use external lenses with your 1020 --> get a camera grip.
I glued an adapter ring (step down, 62-58 mm) with sugru on it and can now use it a macro lens and an ND filter with it. It is very easy, trust me:

14608863560_def687941c_b.jpg

Dejan Zarev

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'd like to be able to make such images.
If you do not mind a little detail describe how you made ​​it and if you can let the image the lens holsters

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
As i described in the post above yours I glued an adapter ring onto the camera grip and mounted a macro lens (very cheap one that is...). That's it, that's all.
For shooting macros I use Nokia Pro Camera and choose the shortest focal distance, then I hold the 1020 as near as possible to object I wanna take a photo of, until it gets blurry. Then I take back a bit, so I'll get the frame sharp again.

For the butterfly I was lucky that I was so hungry and didn't mind playing around him with my 1020.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I heard that placing the collimator of a typical laser pointer on the lens cover of the phone would allow one to take macro shots, but since I didn't want to risk scratching my L1020 lens cover and I don't want to dismantle my 1.6W DPSS Blue Laser Pointer (hardly a pointer as it burns through CD cases), I took out my jeweler's loupe and tried a few shots.

One could just reframe photos or use SoZoom to create pseudo-macro effects. Here's a sample comparing SoZoom against a jeweler's loupe. As you can see the security micro print on the bill is satisfyingly legible!

SoZoom_635430290932473260.jpgWP_20140526_22_41_26_Pro.jpg

Here's another pseudo-macro shot by reframing:
WP_20140608_16_34_24_Pro.jpg

Pseudo tele-shots are also possible by simply reframing the photos, maximizing the 41 megapixel sensor without much need of attachments. It's the primary reason I bought the L1020. The attachments are of course much better!:grin:

PS. I'm an amateur photography hobbyist, so I'm kind of having trouble getting the white balance right at times. As you can see my last photo is a bit greenish. Some (if not all) DSLRs' white balance can be calibrated using a piece of plain white paper, but I guess that's just one of the limitations of the current version of Nokia Camera.

Last edited:

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Proper WB calibration with a white piece of paper would be awesome... Although if you shoot in RAW you can normally sort WB post shot.

I too have heard of dismantling lasers for macro... An old DVD player would make a good donor.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

TheTHM

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Could you give me this model? I have 3D-printer :)

The focal distance isn't correct on this model. I have started working on an updated version, I've just been too busy with work to actually have time to finish it.

The new version incorporates the use of a Fotodiox Lens Mount adapter (found on Amazon) so you'll be able to use a tripod mounted directly under the weight of the lens.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Would love to mod my grip so my 1020 can be used with filters without using elastic bands.

Is there a sure-fire way to achieve this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes