Randomly screen not responding

mirzafida

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Dear WP forumers,

It's been about 4 months i'm using WP (Lumia620) and installed all apps that i like it on the store.
then sometime my touch screen randomly not responding.

I'm try to lock and unlock the phone to trigger the touch screen, sometime its work back normaly.
but this week i'm trying with same method, it didnt work again.

then i try to uninstall some apps on my phone, and now is back to normal.

My question is, that because my phone lack of RAM? or something wrong with my phone or apps?

Thanks for your advice :)

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue on my Lumia 720 aswell prior the Lumia Amber update. Since then never had these issues. Did you already update your phone? This problem had nothing to do with 512MB RAM.

mirzafida

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Does it happen after long calls?? Because with sweat on the screen, the touch is unresponsive.

No, usually my phone is put on my pocket. so if got sweat, it will dry by itself. thanks :)

I had this issue on my Lumia 720 aswell prior the Lumia Amber update. Since then never had these issues. Did you already update your phone? This problem had nothing to do with 512MB RAM.

aah ic, maybe because Amber Update. yeah sure, it didnt happen before Amber update. do u have solution for this issue?

shv6.png

Somu612

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually even I have had this problem. Just 4 months and the touch completely stopped working on my Lumia 720. Did a hard reset and updated it to Amber. It was all fine..but only for 2 weeks. The touch stopped working completely now. Did a hard reset for about 6 times and still no luck. I guess I will have to take it to Nokia Care. The worst part is, its been only 5 months and I've already had so many problems!

Somu612

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Amber update fixed the problem only temporarily. Cuz in less than two weeks after the update, the touch went bust again! I alternate between Wi-fi and mobile data.. Amber update was through Wi-fi only.

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I had to recap in my mind that the wifi module could cause that, but I doubt if you use the wifi all the time? Perhaps you cab recall what application you installed when this issue started?

Somu612

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Wi-fi all the time. Moreover if it is caused by a specific app, the hard reset should've done the trick as it wipes off everything. Anyway I don't exactly remember which application was installed before the issue started. But I've mostly used popular and reputed apps only. Somehow I think its a hardware defect. Nokia Care on twitter told me they couldn't figure out what the problem was. I will be taking it to their Care Centre soon!

Somu612

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Sadly the 720 is a unibody with a non-removable battery. I did a soft reset like for about 10 times. Soft reset is equivalent to removing the battery. But still.. No luck!

MTL32

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it happens to me too quite a lot lately. It actually seemed as it got worse with GDR3... I also noticed that when my hands are a tiny bit wet it's way worse, then I have to lock/unlock a couple of times before the issue gets fixed... I use glance screen with peek as well, and I always make sure to have around 1GB free on my phone so I don't think that memory is an issue here (ROM or RAM)

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
yes sure, glance > peek with night mode. is that problem? i will try to disable it now and try for next whole day.

This could be your problem yes. Other people with even 1020's 920's also experience the same issue as you do with Glance. Hopefully there will be a update soon from Nokia to fix this issue.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Clean your screen with a cloth and reboot your phone. You probably expose the screen to a lot of dirt or liquid

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes