Newbie can't find contacts on phone

loucherry

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm a newbie. I connected my 520 to computer, opened the files, saw no files for contact info I had added to my 520. The only folders that show are Documents, Music, Pictures, Ring Tones and Videos. All are empty since I have not added anything to them. How to I get to see what's in my phone directory and calendar?
Thanks,
Lou

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm a newbie. I connected my 520 to computer, opened the files, saw no files for contact info I had added to my 520. The only folders that show are Documents, Music, Pictures, Ring Tones and Videos. All are empty since I have not added anything to them. How to I get to see what's in my phone directory and calendar?
Thanks,
Lou

Only on the phone, I'm afraid. The contacts/calendar storage is not exposed via MTP (i.e. to the computer-phone connection). Depending on the account you set up (Live, Outlook, Gmail, whatever) you should be able to see contacts data on their websites.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Do I understand I could see the my phone contacts on a website? Which one?
Lou

To use Windows phone you need a Microsoft Account, stuff you do on the phone is tied to that account, including the contacts. Just log in at live.com or outlook.com and go to the people hub and you should see the contacts. This does not include contacts from other accounts you may have set up on your phone.

windoors

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
You can import your data from your previous phone using Transfer my Data app, the app is generally pre-installed but if it is not then download it from the store.
You can find your contacts under People app!

windoors.smart.jpg

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
You can import your data from your previous phone using Transfer my Data app, the app is generally pre-installed but if it is not then download it from the store.
You can find your contacts under People app!

http://mowned.com/sig/windoors.smart.jpg
This is the best solution if you have your old phone a bluetooth compatible one then it would be an ease to transfer your contacts it would take atleast 2-3minutes.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi & Welcome Aboard ⚓ To WP Centrals forums, It's great that you joined with us here and especially the Windows OS . Being a new member I would encourage you to look around and join in and post in the many forums we have and your going to meet and make many new friends that can help and answer most questions you may have.
Good Luck.
Tip, Check out the forum Windows phone 8 "tips & tricks" for newbie's.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/230201-new-windows-phone-8-tips-tricks.html

El-Hussein Hegazy

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Dears,
I just transferred my Contacts from old phone to Lumia 950
when I receive a call, mobile displays names correctly

however
I couldn't search for names to call them even when I search in People (I just find Skype contacts)
Could you advice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes