GDR3 Preview Lumia 520 and some other questions

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I just got the GDR3 preview for Lumia 520 and I found my phone a bit laggy after the update so I did a hard reset and restored a backup.

My question is, will I be able to get the official release of GDR3 when it comes out or will I be stuck with the preview?

Also, can you advice me on how to free up some space in my phone's internal memory? All pics, songs and videos are on my SD card but there's only 1.87GB free on my phone.

Here's another question I have which is still unanswered by Microsoft:

The profile pictures of my Facebook friends do not seem to sync in the Messaging App (which has Facebook Chat enabled). Some aren't synced in the People app either. Is this a bug? Their profile pictures did sync initially but when they changed their profile pictures, the changes did not reflect in the Messaging app. I thought the app was supposed to sync and reflect changes in their profile pictures?

I also have a volume bug which is described in detail here: Sabernova: Windows Phone 8: The Music Volume bug

dinoBa

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there will be an official GDR3 + Lumia Black release for the 520 early next year and you'll be able to get it.
You could run Storage Check from settings to see what takes up most space on your phone. (storage check is available for all lumias running amber sw update Lumia storage check beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) )
As for the profile pictures, open contacts individually (eg. in 'history' tab in People) then they should be updated.

dinoBa

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've read about it, but I haven't come across that bug on my L520. I hope it's not too annoying for you...

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have 520 with GDR3 update. I don't have a lot of issues. The browser thing is fb's fault. Some random lags are there but overall its better than gdr2. To get best out of GDR3. Do a reset an don't restore the backup. Do a manual install of apps instead. I found phone laggy when I restored back up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes