Lumia 1520 New Have Questions

lorenzoscott78

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a 1520 so far so good. Just a few questions
-How do I make sure Apps do not stay open in the background and drain my battery?
-Is their a app or a way to clear cache/History for Internet
-Any other tips and tricks.
-Whats a good app or a a good way to link to my google calendar

Last edited:

bjbaylor

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
1) They are paused in the background, but if you want to close them hold the back button and that will bring up the multitasking screen and a little X in the corner.

2) Open IE and go to settings. Delete history will be there.

3) Enjoy your phone!!

4) Sign in with your Gmail account in emails and accounts and check the sync calendar box.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Apps shouln't drain battery in background unless it is set from app itself to run on background. Nokia drive comes in mind. If you press windows key from bottom of phone it makes footprint from your last activity to memory and brinks it back from there if wakened from multitask screen. If app is launched from applist or from start screen it just restarts app and you loose all that you have done previously in that app ie. if typing text message and while doing so went to start screen to check something out you can continue writing that message wo loosing what you typed just holding back button and choosing text message app from multitask list. If coming back to text message app from start screen all typed text is lost.

Apps can drain battery if left open just behind lock screen. It depends how app is made if it drains battery behind lock screen.

There is time period when app closes down by itself if not used during that time. Can't remember that time limit but i have noticed that all apps are closed down by themselves, if phone is not used for long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes