Can I use a higher capacity battery in Lumia 520

Shahabuddin Danish

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking that can I use a more powerful battery in my Lumia 520 like the 1500mAh battery or the 1800mAh battery or the 2000mAh battery or even that 2430mAh battery! Is it possible? Will it damage my phone on long term use (let's say some months)? Has anyone tried it and got positive results? Please reply.

DanielCardoso

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
PM me if you need the link, but I bought mine from eBay, you just have to search BL-5J and the capacity that you want :)
Next month, I will try out a battery with 2600mAh :)

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Will the 2450 mAh batteriy work with the current charger or does it need a new one? and any other side-effects?

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Can I get a Nokia battery with the same high capacities? And yeah any side effects?

Nokia no, a "high capacity" BL-5J battery will be from an aftermarket manufacture.

About higher capacity batteries, I think they are bogus, unless they are physically larger.

I bought two different so called higher capacity batteries for an 822 one 1950mAh the other 2450mAh.
I took them to a battery shop where they tested them ( for free) over several days.
Turns out both where the same as the Nokia OE BP-4W battery -1800mAh.

I contacted both sellers on eBay and without argument they refunded half my money back and did not challenge my findings.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding my battery going strong for three days and nights. ..And that is a Nokia 520 !
This is the fist lumia I bought that has a GOOD battery shipted with it.
THey (nokia) should be producing high-potential battery's

Yep, same here, also a 520. It's the cheapest Nokia I ever bought, but got a very solid battery.
And with my 710, I had grown to hate having to charge it every day, sometimes twice.

Now 2 maybe 3x/week, which is bliss.

Last edited:

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Most likely those "High" capacity batteries promising more power wont give you the real amount of the mAh... it wont damage your phone, but you will get disappointed since to double the capacity of the battery, the size should get bigger because more cells are needed to support the mAh boost.

So, most of those high capacity batteries from ebay don't deliver their claim capacity. One of the few battery makers that make real mAh boost is the Mugen power batteries like this one for the Lumia 520.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Most likely those "High" capacity batteries promising more power wont give you the real amount of the mAh... it wont damage your phone, but you will get disappointed since to double the capacity of the battery, the size should get bigger because more cells are needed to support the mAh boost.

So, most of those high capacity batteries from ebay don't deliver their claim capacity. One of the few battery makers that make real mAh boost is the Mugen power batteries like this one for the Lumia 520.

But peeps will insist a battery of the same size as OE can have up to 50% more capacity -but it's the placebo effect without the success of a placebo -
they think it's more -but tests show that they aren't. Best thing you get out of it is a good extra battery at least half the price of Nokia branded one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon