Any chance at all for a red?

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
This is only opinion based, but do you think the Icon will ever come in red? The 822 did, of course after I bought my white one, and there was a rumored red 928 a while back that didn't go anywhere. I have a feeling that the Microsoft/Nokia deal might have ended the red 928, because there were manufacturing pics of it. I don't want to buy the Icon and a red version come out in 2 months like the 822 did. I got a bad taste in my mouth after they did that, like they were punishing early adapters with less choices.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Tc... Don't play this game man. I did this with the NL928, holding out for MONTHS for that rumored red piece of candy.

It might, of course. But it's really just not worth the wait/chance. At least it isn't for me. And I learned that the hard way.

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Just seems to me that about 95% of people put some sort of protective case on their phone......so who cares what the base color is?

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Every phone I've owned, I never put a case on it. I don't like the added bulk. And as a fan of phone design, I hate how most cases are so ugly and ruin the aesthetic. Although, I'm not that clumsy, so I never worry about dropping my phone.

That being said, I won't be holding out for special colors. I know Verizon doesn't really like colors, anyway. And I've waited long enough for my upgrade (contract ran out in October), so I'll just stick to white or black. As much as I love color, waiting even more just isn't worth it for same reasons most people mentioned above. I'll take specs over good looks. I'd love a beautiful phone with nice color options, but that comes second to awesome specs, always.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Verizon doesn't have a great track record with colored phones. They really suck from the perspective of giving the customer choice. But, many of us don't have an alternative for good coverage. I waited for the red 928, there were even pictures, but it never materialized. I'm not waiting around for a red 929. If one was released there would be rumors of the next phone that Verizon will delay for unknown reasons and then we'd start the cycle over again.

I understand the case argument for color cases and many people go that route. But cases add bulk and often look ugly. I haven't ever used cases and my last phone after 5 years(stuck on grandfathered Sprint plan) still looked very good. From a marketing perspective I would think eye catching colors would help sell a phone too.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
As much as I'd love a red one I'm not holding out for it. The white will do just fine for me. Maybe a matching pair of big white plastic sunglasses and Ugg boots? hahaha

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I rarely see cases on phones outside of iPhones.
I rarely see any smartphone without a case.

I put mine in a case or cover if only for the simple fact to keep it from getting buffed and scratched up. Because someday I'll be selling that phone and I want to maximize my return.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I rarely see any smartphone without a case.

I put mine in a case or cover if only for the simple fact to keep it from getting buffed and scratched up. Because someday I'll be selling that phone and I want to maximize my return.

I don't put a case on my phones because I enjoy the look and feel of them. So I want to maximize my enjoyment of the phone. Life's too short.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't put a case on my phones because I enjoy the look and feel of them. So I want to maximize my enjoyment of the phone. Life's too short.

Yup. Why do I care if the outside gets scratched if I plan to never see the outside because it's inside a case?

I stand by my "rarely see a phone in a case that isn't an iPhone." And, when I do, it's almost always a female doing it, which makes more sense because a phone is more likely to take damage in a purse than in a pocket, and because added bulk means less inside a purse rather than a pocket. But, whenever I see a Windows Phone its easily identifiable because, out here, it's probably yellow, and not in a case.

And I always laugh when coworkers freak out over how cool someone's new gold iPhone is, only to have it immediately covered in a case so it looks like any other iPhone.

Do you... do you WP guys with cases also have belt clips?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Why do I care if the outside gets scratched if I plan to never see the outside because it's inside a case?

1) To maximize the resale value. You would be amazed how much more you get from a clean phone with the original box and accessories vs scratched and no box......it's crazy.

2) Honestly after everything I've said, my current phone has no case....lol. But, I did replace the original battery with a much larger one that forced me to put on a different back. So in essence it's acting like a case since my original back is in mint condition.

I do plan on putting my Icon in a very thin/light cover. Oh, and no belt clip. :smile:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I stand by my "rarely see a phone in a case that isn't an iPhone." And, when I do, it's almost always a female doing it, which makes more sense because a phone is more likely to take damage in a purse than in a pocket, and because added bulk means less inside a purse rather than a pocket. But, whenever I see a Windows Phone its easily identifiable because, out here, it's probably yellow, and not in a case.

And I always laugh when coworkers freak out over how cool someone's new gold iPhone is, only to have it immediately covered in a case so it looks like any other iPhone.

Actually, all of the guys I know carry their phones in their pockets, regardless of what device they have. I don't know any men or women who use belt clip cases nowadays. I always put my phone in my pocket. I use vibrate when I'm on the go, so I know if I get a message when the device vibrates in my pocket.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't like cases on my phone either but I typically buy cases that don't add much bulk and kind of just snap on. Since I usually do contracts, I try to go the first year with a case and the next without one. lol.
I use this case for my 928, it snaps right on and it's see through. Plus it helps if you plan on reselling it and you can say it has no dents or scratches.

Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for Nokia Lumia 928 Clear/Gray (3 Year Warranty by Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories

I loved that case, I ended up making my own little insert to personalize my phone.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-928/226064-17.htm#post2087442

Kind of hoping that case is available for the 929, I might do that again.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes