Glitchy Audio Playback on Transferred Files

calereneau

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks. I have browsed these and other forums across the internet looking for a solution to my problem, but have not found a single thread that has even addressed the issue I am having. I hope you can help.

The Problem: All audio files that are transferred from my computer contain glitchy, poppy, digital artifacts when played back on my device.

The Devices: An AT&T Lumia 920, fully updated, purchased on launch day 2012. Also, a 2013 model Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.1.

The Story: This has been a problem for a while, since before the Black update, but it seems to have been getting worse over time. Back in the good ol' days of April 2013, I could just restart my phone if I noticed it and the problem would go away. It's now much more prevalent and impossible to fix. Any songs that are downloaded or played back via Xbox Music or Nokia MixRadio work perfectly. This problem only happens with songs transferred from my computer. I have tried only transferring songs from the Windows Phone app on my PC (because I usually find this method too cumbersome and use either Windows Explorer or MusicBee), but that did not solve the problem. I tried changing the bitrate of the songs transferred from 320, to 192, to 128....no luck there. I finally succumbed to factory resetting my phone, thinking surely this would work. I was extremely disappointed that this was not the case. I'm a musician, so I'm constantly recording songs and transferring them to my phone to play them back on different speakers and systems to show them off or hear how they sound outside of my modest home studio setup. Needless to say, it's a bit disappointing when all your songs are basically unlistenable because of this glitch.

So basically, I've run out of options and ideas on how to fix this problem. I figured I'd address it here before taking a hammer to my phone and going back to my old iPhone.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon