Time Reset On Every Restart! Lumia 1520/820

Raphael Tokmakjian

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys
I'm having this annoying problem every time I restart my Lumia 1520 or 820 My time is resetting to 5:30 AM & Year 1970

All of my Exchange emails stop working, most of the applications doesn't work because of it

I tried multiple solution but without any luck

1- I tried to set the time manually but again every time I restart the time changes
2- I tried to switch off WiFi and restart again same problem happens
3- I did a factory reset without any luck issue still exists!

Anyone faced such issue? if you can help me solve this problem I'll be grateful

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
you can also try this :- go to phone settings->date+time->turn on set automatically
if that doesn't help try to do a soft reset by holding volume down button + power button at the same until your phone vibrates and reboot.

Raphael Tokmakjian

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I Did that, didn't work...

And I just found the solution, Switch the data connection to 3G or 2G
Do a soft reset making sure your WiFi is off
The phone restarts then the time is properly updates, its seems Nokia is reading the time from the Cellular network and on 4G the time was wrong

you can also try this :- go to phone settings->date+time->turn on set automatically
if that doesn't help try to do a soft reset by holding volume down button + power button at the same until your phone vibrates and reboot.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

The phone restarts then the time is properly updates, its seems Nokia is reading the time from the Cellular network and on 4G the time was wrong

4G isn't available in my country , so I can not say on that but glad this issue is fixed :smile:

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I would contact your carrier and let them know that their cell tower is somehow not sending out a proper timecode.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Funny you suggest a soft reset because after every soft reset you have to reset the time and date.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Because of this soft reset I thought it might fix the issue and will save the time :)

No sorry you misunderstood me, yes you are right that a soft reset is the best place to start if you want to sort a problem. I should have said it is ironic that to try fixing a problem with the time not updating he has to do something that make the time wrong.

It should also be noted that after a soft reset it is advisable to restart the phone in the normal way as sometimes a soft reset stops the tiles updating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium