New Windows Phone User, how does Wednesday Build event work?

alanrobinson5538

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

after moving from Android and prior to that IOS, i was just wondering how things tend to work when Microsoft have an event like on Wednesday.

is the event just designed to announce things, Windows Phone 8.1 etc, or do they tend to launch the upgrades on that day? Or is it like "coming in September"

just interested in knowing how things work.

Alan
Lumia 1520

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
We don't know when the actual update will come. I am hoping they'll give us an idea of when but there are a few factors that may or may not effect you. Unfortunately MS doesn't have the same arrangements as Apple with their updates.

We know that WP8.1 is with the OEMs and that new devices could be out by end of April but we're not sure if that's US only.

We know that even if the update is ready carriers can stall things drastically so if you're carrier locked it can take a lot longer.

There is the developer preview but that doesn't give you the Nokia firmware.

So it can be anywhere from 1 month to possible many. I'm guessing anywhere from August to September or longer. I could be wrong though.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's normally there to announce things, unless they break the trend. Normally, they release a "Preview" of the software they launch, and if my hunch is correct, they'll release it for Windows Phone 8.1 on the same day.

One thing is for sure, though. It's aimed at developers.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi

after moving from Android and prior to that IOS, i was just wondering how things tend to work when Microsoft have an event like on Wednesday.

is the event just designed to announce things, Windows Phone 8.1 etc, or do they tend to launch the upgrades on that day? Or is it like "coming in September"

just interested in knowing how things work.

Alan
Lumia 1520

BUILD is really all about developers but they do announce new products and services, Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Update 1 should be demonstrated at BUILD this year. They usually have a live stream for the keynotes and if you have a Surface Tablet then there's a BUILD app available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes