Buy the 1520 now or....?

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I know technology is always advancing, but is the 1520 already (in the near near future (less than 5 months) being replaced by something)? The fact that the Lumia 930 isn't even being released until June leads me to believe this phone will have top end specs for a LONG time

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you want a 6" screen, it will survive it's lifetime. I love mine, but I am afraid I won't be able to go back to the small screens again... So I am glad that I won't be looking for a long time... Might even last me a year... LoL (I buy lots of phone, my longest was The One, had it for almost 6 months...)

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had two 1520s... Right at release time. They both had bugs, so I sent them back and figured I would wait until these "new phones" at MWC, then build. Nada... The only thing that worries me about the 1520 is the bugs I had before. I have heard they have been fixed by now for the most part, so now I am just trying to get an idea of how long it will be the top phone. I realize one will never have the top phone for years, but I would like to buy what the best option is for the near future.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I can't see anything surpassing it at least until maybe next year. The Lumia 930 specs are pretty much the same (Or slightly worst given the no SD-Card slot, and Battery size) compared to the 1520, and the only other phone I can see them releasing next is the lumia 1020 successor. Even that will likely be just a L930 with a greatly improved camera.

If you like the 6" Screen size I say go for it because it won't be outdated for awhile. I'd be surprised if Nokia makes another phablet this year they might just let the L1520 run its course longer and focus on a newer model next year.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I know technology is always advancing, but is the 1520 already (in the near near future (less than 5 months) being replaced by something)? The fact that the Lumia 930 isn't even being released until June leads me to believe this phone will have top end specs for a LONG time

Really, the 930 was released a while back in the US, giving a phone a different name doesn't make it new.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Please advice me should I buy 1520 or go for 930 .. As i don't want to shift between cellphones .. so please help out

If you are eager to get a phone now, I'd say go for the 1520. If you can get the Icon which looks exactly like the 930 (I don't know the internal specs), that's another option.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You should feel both phones, I have no problems with the 6" size of the 1520. But if it is too big for you, the Nokia Icon (929) is the same specs as the 1520 but in a 5" screen and no Glance or SD card. (Both are a deal killer for me)

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Go for it...I've had zero issues with the phone with mine..however... to my coworkers complaining about it...that's another story...lol

Mac

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I caved and picked up the 1520 yesterday. Had to drive to another location as the store I went to was sold out of them.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I caved and picked up the 1520 yesterday. Had to drive to another location as the store I went to was sold out of them.
Congrats! Please post your impressions whenever you get a chance. As someone who is thinking about also getting the 1520 I like hearing what new users have to say about it.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
It takes some getting used to for the size, I am adjusting but I enjoy the giant screen and 3 columns. The power button seems to have some play to it, but not a big deal. Camera seems great so far. Need more time with it.

Congrats! Please post your impressions whenever you get a chance. As someone who is thinking about also getting the 1520 I like hearing what new users have to say about it.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 has great battery life. It lasts all day without a charge. Here is a screenshot I took the other day, it varies depending on usage but always more than 1 day.
Bkd1T93IgAA_AdH.jpg

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
1520 is as much a total package u can get these days.
1)great display
2)sd card +32gb int memory.i dont think many phones have a combination like that. Icon and 930 cut down the sd card.
3)3400mah battery!
4)great to outstanding camera.
5)have glance and double tap which is cool.u dont have that on 930 and icon.
6)finally the negative which many say that is the size.once u get used to it no going back. Great for movies,browsing.almost replaces a tablet.
I dont think u will get a total package like 1520 which doesnt cutdown on any important areas soon.
And if microsoft doesnt go back on its word u will easily get next 2 major updates with 2 gb ram and s800 processor to boot.
Only negatives in my eyes are the camera could have had a larger aperture than f/2.4 which would give outstanding lowlight pics.and some os related limitations which hopefully will be solved with 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon