Power button sticking

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks, I have recently bought an 820 from ebay...good price of ?65...with a new case. Only issue is the power button....sometimes it works, and other times it "sticks" and i get the power down / off screen. Anyone had the same issue or know a fix?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I know a temp fix , go to settings /touch/turn on double tap to wake up the phone
By doing this , if you double tap on the phone screen anywhere your phone will unlock. This is a nice handy feature by Nokia :smile:
If you want to power down at moment sadly you have to remove the battery and to power it in either connect it to PC or charger to power it on.
I will recommend to you get it fixed by a local shop :smile:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 820 pops easily out of it's shell. Try removing the phone from the shell. Is there gunk in the power button of the case? You can clean the shell out with water or whatever, since there are no electronics in it. Just be sure that it is fully dry before assembling your phone again. If the phone shell is actually damaged and that is why the button is sticking, then you will probably have no choice but to buy a new shell.

If it's not gunked up on the case, then there may be something on the phone electronics. You can take a Q-tip, put some rubbing alcohol on the end of it and wipe the push button for the power button and get it wet enough to de-gunk the button, actuate the button a few times by hand or by pressing with the dry end of the Q-tip. Let the alcohol dry, it will only take 10 seconds or so for it to dry completely. Reassemble the phone and you should be back in business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon