Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem on my 635 (which is very similar to the 630 but has 4G). Sometimes when I plug in my headphones the system does not detect that headphones are plugged in and continues to use the loudspeaker for alerts, media, etc. Removing the headphones and plugging them again solves the issue. I know of at least another person with this issue and wanted to ask here if anyone has the same problem.

By default the pin arrangement is AHJ configuration for all Lumia phones. This is little bit different from the standard 3.5mm pin configuration.
It just has one more pin for microphone. So if you manage to plug in and make contact with all the pins in one go the audio works just fine.
I too was facing the same problem when i used a normal 3.5mm earphones. Just make sure that the whole thing goes inside in one push.
If it were a normal 3 pin audio interface we could have pushed it slowly inside making contact with all the pins.
I hope this helps. Worked for me :)

IamHuman

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is bug or a feature, but when i have a incoming call and go to turn the
volume down, the ringer stops(Doesn't go to zero, just no sound after it's pressed). When i put the phone
to my ear the caller is still ringing. Nokia lumia 630 Dual Sim, everything updated and soft reset done.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is bug or a feature, but when i have a incoming call and go to turn the
volume down, the ringer stops(Doesn't go to zero, just no sound after it's pressed). When i put the phone
to my ear the caller is still ringing. Nokia lumia 630 Dual Sim, everything updated and soft reset done.

Errr...I believe that's a feature...Any mobile phone which has up/down volume keys has this function. Its just to save you from embarassing yourself in a place where a phone was not suppose to ring(Example: In a meeting). So don't worry it's not a bug. :)

HerrKaputt

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
By default the pin arrangement is AHJ configuration for all Lumia phones. This is little bit different from the standard 3.5mm pin configuration.
It just has one more pin for microphone. So if you manage to plug in and make contact with all the pins in one go the audio works just fine.
I too was facing the same problem when i used a normal 3.5mm earphones. Just make sure that the whole thing goes inside in one push.
If it were a normal 3 pin audio interface we could have pushed it slowly inside making contact with all the pins.
I hope this helps. Worked for me :)

Thanks for the reply! This is the main thing bothering at the moment with my 635 and I need to figure out if it is a serious problem fast (see why below). I am indeed used to an MP3 player which surely will not have a microphone pin. If I get your suggestion correctly, I need to be slightly more assertive when plugging in my headphones? I'll try starting doing that. In any case it sounds like it would not be solved by returning this and getting another 635, which is what I'm pondering right now.

Why I need to decide fast: the thing is that I have one more week to return it with no explanation (it's in the law, you have 15 days to check the product and return for full refund if you don't like it if you order online). After that I am covered by normal warranty which means that if there is a problem I need to send it for repairs and be without my awesome Lumia orangeness for a while. :(

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! This is the main thing bothering at the moment with my 635 and I need to figure out if it is a serious problem fast (see why below). I am indeed used to an MP3 player which surely will not have a microphone pin. If I get your suggestion correctly, I need to be slightly more assertive when plugging in my headphones? I'll try starting doing that. In any case it sounds like it would not be solved by returning this and getting another 635, which is what I'm pondering right now.

Why I need to decide fast: the thing is that I have one more week to return it with no explanation (it's in the law, you have 15 days to check the product and return for full refund if you don't like it if you order online). After that I am covered by normal warranty which means that if there is a problem I need to send it for repairs and be without my awesome Lumia orangeness for a while. :(

Okay try that also check with any of your friends having lumia headphones.
It should work.(the normal 3.5mm)
I dont think the product is defective because i went through the same when i brought my 630.
The store guys warned me not to insert any normal earphones in lumia.
They also told me to buy a lumia earphone which was very much pricey.
I thought it was a marketing trick and i refused the offer.
Coming back home and plugging in the normal 3.5mm earphones i had the same experience (sound still coming out through the speakers)
Upon research i found out that lumia uses AHJ standards. In other phones which have AHJ i've used normal 3.5mm earphones.
So i improvised and while inserting the jack i pushed it in one go !.
failed .... again tried WORKED !!!!......
when you do it 3 or 4 times you will get the hang of it ! .
I'm now an expert the jack fits in correctly in the first go itself :)

HerrKaputt

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay try that also check with any of your friends having lumia headphones.
It should work.(the normal 3.5mm)
I dont think the product is defective because i went through the same when i brought my 630.
The store guys warned me not to insert any normal earphones in lumia.
They also told me to buy a lumia earphone which was very much pricey.
I thought it was a marketing trick and i refused the offer.
Coming back home and plugging in the normal 3.5mm earphones i had the same experience (sound still coming out through the speakers)
Upon research i found out that lumia uses AHJ standards. In other phones which have AHJ i've used normal 3.5mm earphones.
So i improvised and while inserting the jack i pushed it in one go !.
failed .... again tried WORKED !!!!......
when you do it 3 or 4 times you will get the hang of it ! .
I'm now an expert the jack fits in correctly in the first go itself :)

Well, it has not happened lately, especially since I started following your advice. This really would be a deal breaker since I plan to use my Lumia as (apart from phone, GPS, calendar and other things) my MP3 device. Thanks again, I'll let you know in a few days what's my conclusion! :)

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, it has not happened lately, especially since I started following your advice. This really would be a deal breaker since I plan to use my Lumia as (apart from phone, GPS, calendar and other things) my MP3 device. Thanks again, I'll let you know in a few days what's my conclusion! :)

dealbreaker ? LOL i have other device also (android with poweramp) yet im using my 32 gig card on 630 and im using my sennheiser, sony, philips, jbl and panasonic headphones/earphones (3.5mm normal) with this WP ... 630 doesnt even have an EQ but the audio is crystal clear and good frequency response :p
I'mma music freak :p

HerrKaputt

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
dealbreaker ? LOL i have other device also (android with poweramp) yet im using my 32 gig card on 630 and im using my sennheiser, sony, philips, jbl and panasonic headphones/earphones (3.5mm normal) with this WP ... 630 doesnt even have an EQ but the audio is crystal clear and good frequency response :p
I'mma music freak :p

I'm not a music freak, but I listen to music a lot so whichever smartphone I get needs to work reliably as an MP3 player. What was happening before was that around 1 out of every 3 times it would not detect the headphones, which is not acceptable. Now it seems to be working better, but I'll wait some more time before making a decision.

McKool

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have a problem with the wifi connection. I have configured my private wifi SSID as "hidden", password type "WPA/WPA2". My Nokia 630 dual sim cannot connect this hidden network. I have included the network manually but it doesn't work. When I change the network configuration in my router to "SSID visible" then the cellular connect the network immediately. Is this a bug regarding hidden networks or do I misconfiguring something? Thanks in advance

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, everyone,

I recently both Nokia Lumia 630 and the phone is quite good for it's price but recently I noticed really annoying problem.

I have Lumia Cyan installed.

From time to time I notice that there are no new email/SMS notifications. If I try sending sms I don't get delivery notification (although it's turned on). If I open email client (native one, not using any third party) I can't refresh it to sync new emails. But if I restart phone then everything works. I get all emails/SMS that were sent to me.

Email accounts are from Gmail if this is important. Also, during this period I am able to make/receive calls.

If someone can help me I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, everyone,

I recently both Nokia Lumia 630 and the phone is quite good for it's price but recently I noticed really annoying problem.

I have Lumia Cyan installed.

From time to time I notice that there are no new email/SMS notifications. If I try sending sms I don't get delivery notification (although it's turned on). If I open email client (native one, not using any third party) I can't refresh it to sync new emails. But if I restart phone then everything works. I get all emails/SMS that were sent to me.

Email accounts are from Gmail if this is important. Also, during this period I am able to make/receive calls.

If someone can help me I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance.

check your date and time settings.
​set it manually not automatic.

Dibyendu Biswas

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
hey there, i got a problem with proximity sensors in my lumia 630 and also earlier when i bought it was having compass working, now it showing absense of hardware. i tried to hard reset still it has same problem. 1. what is the problem & solution, 2. is this kind of problem get handled if phone is under warranty? plz reply

2 added two photos one showing no compass, and second one hardware missing when i tried to download new software for compass called metro compass....wp_ss_20140907_0004.png
wp_ss_20140907_0003.png

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
hey there, i got a problem with proximity sensors in my lumia 630 and also earlier when i bought it was having compass working, now it showing absense of hardware. i tried to hard reset still it has same problem. 1. what is the problem & solution, 2. is this kind of problem get handled if phone is under warranty? plz reply

2 added two photos one showing no compass, and second one hardware missing when i tried to download new software for compass called metro compass....

1.) 630 doesnt have a proximity sensor or a compass.
​2.) for application crashes please update the phone software :)

Dibyendu Biswas

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
you need to use only AHJ HEADPHONES not the OHMT one....... american jack headphones. i got same problem but after getting branded headphones there is no pblm i faced....thanks

Dibyendu Biswas

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
what iis actually Cyan update. i bought lumiia 630. does it has. if not how can i get it + can i update my software from nokia recovery tool as it showing u r updated. + or need to be done in service centre only?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon