Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you provide some screenshots from new W10 build
Here guy from Russian forum post MANY screenshots from our ATIV S. Just open the spoiler and look (click on the button with those text "Скриншоты Windows 10 for Phones(много картинок)". He didn't set Russian Language in OS.

Driesb

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I am on FW 2424.15.3.2 and this morning I updated to OS 8.10.14219.341 (PfD and windows insider). Now an other update is ready to install, but don't know what it is. I don't dare to install it. It might be WP10, which I don't want, yet. It might also be GDR2, which is interesting. Just to let you know 😊

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey, just wanted to post update. Thanks to grozaman and bence instructions, I successfully updated to W10 Preview, and enjoyed playing with it few hours, but now I'm getting 8.1.1 back. 10 is unusable for everyday (now) and generally I don't like the way it is developing, hamburger,spartan, etc. But that's another story...

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I got several updates today on my Ativ S (I'm on PfD and WI) it seems to be only a preparation for W10 but can't get it nor can I get GDR2 so I'm a bit confused.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
The only phone i got and can be updated to W10TP, my Lumia 630, is not available :)
Long story short, I gave it to my 16 years old cousin cuz he had enough from his Android device (I think it was Huawei, dunno) and android lag. When he visits me, he always tinkering around with my ATIV S and my Lumia 930. And then one day said to me could i help him with money cuz he wanted a WP so bad. And instead of money i suggest to give him my Lumia 630 to use it for a while and get use to WP and learn more about it and if then he still loves the OS, i will get him one as a gift (he choose which one). He accepted my suggestion and took the Lumia 630 (omg, you should see guys his face how much he was excited, lol). 3 days later he sells his Android device to some friend of his and 4 days after that he phones me to ask me how to get W10 on the device, hahaha.
I was like: WTF man? Learn first the damn device and OS. And it is your main phone now, so getting W10 there is not recommendable.
His answer: Well I learn a lot, i read the thread on WC where you and others are active, then i read other threads about WP and Lumia 630.
And I was like: Ok, when did you sleep last?
And he was like: Dunno, 2 days ago!?
LOL, he spend 2 days learning WP, now that's dedication, :)
So, I see that he ditched Android for WP for good, so I was thinking to get him MS Lumia 640 or 640XL. Which one you think I should get him? He likes to have the ATIV S cuz of its design, but I think any of the 640's will be better choice for him.
I know this is kinda off topic, but I see you all here as family :)

Mazlum

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My ATIV S doesn't have the CSC ATO. It Starts with AUT or something. I recoverd the image from grozman to GDR3​. Checking updates on phone it says phone is up to date. It is running 8.0 at the moment.

mjb666

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I use csc NEE as I don't have ATO either (I could choose AUT but not sure if that will get me latest firmware ie 2424.15. I currently have 2424.14.9) I spent most of yesterday reinstalling 8.0 back to 8.1 after I got the reboot issue with windows insider fast ring. I would be interested to know if changing to AUT will get me latest firmware sooner or not? Also has anyone got the Microsoft windows phone recovery tool working with the ativ s (it would save me a lot of time bringing my phone back to life after I blindly install updates, which I shouldn't do, but I just can't stop myself.

Mazlum

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've set my CSC to NEE indeed. Currently busy with updates etc. It takes forever. This was my second time with this reboot issue. Well anyways next week my S6 Edge is here to switch until Microsoft launches a great OS with flagship devies..​

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon