Lumia 1020 Camera Grip Disassemble

jackdeutch

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Did any one can show me how to disassemble lumia 1020 camera grip?
so i can change the colour of my camera grip,
i dont want to damage any electronic material inside and camera button
and maybe i want to change capacity of the camera grip battery (if i can :winktongue:)

thank you

Hi.... im honor ZLX Member, here his link member
http://forums.windowscentral.com/members/zlx.htm
im learning from him how to open this camera grip lumiagallery.com how to disassemble the Nokia Lumia 1020 camera grip

sorry on my english :p

by the way, id like to share my picture how to disassemble lumia 1020 camera grip
first step i force to open on the side, but looks what happen....
20140727_112247.jpg

broken all this red circle, i decide to cut them
20140727_112257.jpg

there is 2 bolt to release
20140727_112334.jpg
20140727_112351.jpg

pay attention on this
20140727_112802.jpg

there is another 2 bolt on micro usb
20140727_112904.jpg

these 2 corner, you can open
20140727_113352.jpg

its bl 5c
20140727_113541.jpg

you can seperate, its only double tape
20140727_113718.jpg

hope this help :)

Last edited:

socalgunner

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Looks to me like you might be the first to consider this. I searched and could find no information pertaining to this. Good luck and let us know how it works!

jackdeutch

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Looks to me like you might be the first to consider this. I searched and could find no information pertaining to this. Good luck and let us know how it works!

thank you socalgunner, i really can't find any clue about this,
any further information or work from me, i will post it here,

:cool:

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm keen to see the inner workings... I currently have a camera grip where the clips broke off so it just slides on at the minute... If it is possible to get inside the grip I may be able to solder a cable on and use it as a remote shutter remote, however without knowing how to break it down I am not comfortable with trying to disassemble.

If you do get in Jack please share your method and as always photos are appreciated.

zlx

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a yellow one that does not charge anymore, and a new white one. Will try to open the yellow one and let you know ;-)

(I'll try to built the white ones technical components into the yellow grip)

jackdeutch

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a yellow one that does not charge anymore, and a new white one. Will try to open the yellow one and let you know ;-)

(I'll try to built the white ones technical components into the yellow grip)

thank you so much ZLX, cant wait to see you disassemble it
so far, i just doing peel the black rubber that for finger to hold, and there is a two hole behind it,
i thought it was a bolt, but its not, the rubber stick to the grip just with a double tape, not with glue or else

jackdeutch

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
ok here we go:

lumiagallery.com how to disassemble the Nokia Lumia 1020 camera grip

I wish you patience, success and fun! Don't blame me if you break it ;-)

p.s. please don't comment my html skills, it had to be quick and dirty, at least you have the photos now?

and please visit my gallery on www.lumiagallery.com register and upload your own photos!

OK ZLX Thank you so much, i really appreciate it bro
thank you so much,

i already see your link, and the tutorial is really easy to understand
and i do believe that battery grip is a battery for nokia old phone
i will keep updating to repaint my grip, and maybe changing grip battery for more capacity

thank you ZLX

dvs-626

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this information.

Ive got another question about the Lumia 1020 Camera Grip.
After pulling the device apart i was curious if it would function while attached to any other Windows Phone.
Since my Lumia 1020 has died and is now unusable I tried the Lumia 625 and the Lumia 930 and both were able to charge the phone with no problems, however the camera button when pressed on the camera grip did not trigger the camera on either phone. Has anyone got any idea why this would not work? Besides the obvious that it wasnt made for either of these phones. I would love to get the camera grip to work on my Lumia 930 if its possible.

Any info would be appreciated, assuming someone has tried this of course....or am i the only silly person that would try such a thing...(most likely) :cool:

wrea

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this information.

Ive got another question about the Lumia 1020 Camera Grip.
After pulling the device apart i was curious if it would function while attached to any other Windows Phone.
Since my Lumia 1020 has died and is now unusable I tried the Lumia 625 and the Lumia 930 and both were able to charge the phone with no problems, however the camera button when pressed on the camera grip did not trigger the camera on either phone. Has anyone got any idea why this would not work? Besides the obvious that it wasnt made for either of these phones. I would love to get the camera grip to work on my Lumia 930 if its possible.

Any info would be appreciated, assuming someone has tried this of course....or am i the only silly person that would try such a thing...(most likely) :cool:

The support is probably in the firmware for the 1020 which is why it isn't working on other models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes