Nokia Lumia 620 Battery Life

TheWenisKing

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, this is my first forum post.

Well I have the Nokia Lumia 620 and I love it, except for the fact the battery life is really poor lately.

This problem didn't occur until I downloaded the DP, and after updating to 8.1, I usually have to charge twice a day. Whenever the battery says it's at 100%, the Battery Saver says the estimated time remaining is 11 hours! That's pretty pathetic compared to what I was getting on WP8.

I love the features of WP 8.1, but it's not really worth the compromise of having no battery life. Even after turning off WiFi, Data, Cortana, etc., the battery life still sucks and I'll be lucky to make it to the end of the day with the same amount of use that, at one time, was able to get me through almost two days without charging when I was on WP 8...

Btw, I just bought a brand new battery and it still says 11 hours remaining at 100%. :crying:

I checked to make sure I had the DP update that improved battery life and my phone says it's up to date.

I guess my question is: will my battery life improve with the official release of the Cyan update?

Thanks in advance!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The battery in the 620 wasn't that great to begin with - only 1300mA - that's the only gripe I have with my 620. You can get 3rd party batteries which have a higher capacity - the name of which escapes me.

shivam94

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Very True. Before WP 8.1 update, I used to get 14-15 hours of battery life. Now it's down to 10-12 hours of battery life. My usage is moderately heavy , 2 hours of music, an hour of browsing internet , 2g constantly on , battery saver mode always on, whatsapp allowed to run even in battery saver mode(though I use it for like 30 min at max throughout one cycle of charge) . So , yeah, as a college student, I am forced to carry a backup battery just in case, at times, my phone runs of juice before I am back home in the evening.

As far as Cyan is concerned, let's hope that it fixes the occasional "resuming" lag and battery life back to the times of wp8 days atleast if not better.

TheWenisKing

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Dude I totally hear ya. I'm a senior in college and I'm going through the exact same thing. The 620 was the best deal I found in a smartphone and I still love it, only wish the battery was better. Maybe I'll upgrade later!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dude I totally hear ya. I'm a senior in college and I'm going through the exact same thing. The 620 was the best deal I found in a smartphone and I still love it, only wish the battery was better. Maybe I'll upgrade later!

You could always get a spare battery and voila, double the battery!

marcos86

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I think that the developer preview increases the gsm/3g module output. No doubt about that.
Same phone, same spot, same carrier, with 8.1 I get a far better signal.

This may be the cause.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
WP8.1 doesn't yet behave properly battery wise without Cyan. When the update is released for your phone, downgrade to WP8.0 fist then update to WP8.1 with Cyan.

You'll get better battery life than before.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
WP8.1 doesn't yet behave properly battery wise without Cyan. When the update is released for your phone, downgrade to WP8.0 fist then update to WP8.1 with Cyan.

You'll get better battery life than before.

That I believe, is a placebo. I feel that the smoothness is due to the reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon