For a few weeks now I've noticed that my 920 is randomly restarting on its own every other day or so. It's getting annoying, especially when it does it while I'm in the middle of something.

Has anyone else experienced this? I could try resetting it back to factory settings, but I keep hoping the Cyan update will come out soon for general release. It's almost 2 years old, so I'm thinking it's probably just old, but I wanted to check with the community before even doing a reset.
    08-04-2014 09:17 PM
    For a few weeks now I've noticed that my 920 is randomly restarting on its own every other day or so. It's getting annoying, especially when it does it while I'm in the middle of something.

Has anyone else experienced this? I could try resetting it back to factory settings, but I keep hoping the Cyan update will come out soon for general release. It's almost 2 years old, so I'm thinking it's probably just old, but I wanted to check with the community before even doing a reset.
    Tried a soft reset?
    08-05-2014 01:04 AM
    Tried a soft reset?
    Oh, I've been forced to do that a few times too. This is why I have been debating whether to do a hard reset, but it's so time consuming, might be worth waiting for the update. Mostly curious if anyone else has experienced this.
    08-05-2014 07:43 AM
    Oh, I've been forced to do that a few times too. This is why I have been debating whether to do a hard reset, but it's so time consuming, might be worth waiting for the update. Mostly curious if anyone else has experienced this.
    Hi there sorry for the late reply.
    so far ive not had a restarting issue with both the 920 and 520. I did however do a soft reset on the 520 once.

as of the 920 I did a hard reset using the nokia software recovery tool. works like a charm now.
    Im not sure when the 8.1 cyan update will come. im waiting too.
    but if you would like to wait then there would be no problem.
    However if the problem persist with cyan too I recommend that you do it with the Nokia software recovery tool.

Personally I would do it right now. rather have it solved now. make sure that you back up and take all your precious files away.

Hard reset Deletes ALL FILES
    08-11-2014 12:04 PM
    Yeah, I think I'll do a hard reset when I get some extra time. This has become more frustrating as it's rebooting every day now :-/
    08-20-2014 10:53 AM
    Any hope?
    anyway you might want to stay off the Cyan update for the moment im not sure if you'll like it
    08-23-2014 11:03 AM
    So I did a hard reset and no change. It still reboots once a day
    I'm thinking all I have left is getting a new phone in November when I'm up for an upgrade, but after this morning's announcements, I have low hopes on finding a good successor to my 920
    09-04-2014 07:45 AM
    I have the issue where mine reboots many times per day (A few times per hour)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...shutdowns.html

I *think* it might be a overheating or CPU issue but I haven't been able to prove it. Waiting for Cyan in hope that it may 'magically' fix a problem. If it doesn't then I will have no choice but to replace the phone. This is insanely annoying for the past 2 1/2 months.
    09-04-2014 09:43 AM
    I was hoping for Cyan as well before doing a hard reset, but I couldn't take it anymore. It's almost as if it's purposely doing this to make me get a new phone.
    I wish they would have released the McLaren after all. Ugh.
    09-04-2014 09:48 AM
    Cyan is installing now. Will update if it helps my situation.
    09-05-2014 10:07 AM
    09-05-2014 10:51 AM
    try thinking back to the apps you may have installed recently or are using more of an app that you probably were not using prior. suspect a memory leak.
    09-05-2014 11:16 AM
    I have performed a hard reset multiple times and removed any of the additional 'bloatware' from AT&T. It is not from an app.
    09-08-2014 10:13 AM
    Since hard reset dint work. You might want to try using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. Download it and install on PC - just follow the on screen instructions. The phone should now work properly. Might want to give it a few tries. If orientation and auto screen brightness isnt working properly try giving it some time or use a torch light in a dark room to re-calibrate auto screen brightness. Hope this works. If it doesnt then im sorry to say it might be hardware related.

As Titaniumgiant suggested it might also be related to apps.
    09-12-2014 02:06 AM
    Well, upgrading to Cyan fixed my issue at least.
    09-26-2014 10:49 AM
    Sadly. My phone continues to restart, multiple times per hour. I am waiting to see if any new phones will be released soon, but I may just buy a used phone and hold out until next year.
    10-02-2014 12:28 PM
    Have all of you installed the newest update that specifically addresses that issue? If not head over to settings - phone update and check for update.
    * pls have about 80 % battery before installing
    06-22-2015 08:53 PM