Lumia 830 or Bust

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Today is the day! It's also my wife's birthday and kids' first day at school. But they don't have a forum for that, so I'll be back here later. ;)

The Lard

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I am guessing but if the apps are designed for 64bit then the 64bit processor should take advantage of the extra bandwidth and run faster.

A 64-bit system is just capable of using more memory. A lot more memory. Doesn't (necessarily) make it faster though.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
this phone is the biggest delusion i ever got from nokia. Beautiful, nice camera, intercambiable covers, sd card.. and same CPU of a 130€ phone. For a price that will be around 400€ (they said 330€ + taxes). Really a shame.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah what a miserable fail!!!!
Gflops
Adreno 305 19-21
Adreno 225 28

Fillrate
GP/s
305: 0.8
225: 2.8
MTri/s
305: 80
225: 125

Yay slaughtered by a 2yr old phone
Bunch of no idea monkeys

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree. There was a little too much spin on the "affordable flagship" statement. It's cheaper, yes, but look at what's given up to be cheaper. Particularly the screen resolution and processor, those are some flagship no-nos.

That 735, however, makes for a pretty interesting consideration for a secondary phone...

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep, just been reading the other articles and the ability to say "Hey Cortana" that the 830 wont support is a shame.
Probably go with the 930 in this case and have to make do without Glance.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
As much as i appreciate all that Daniel does and shares with us here....
is nobody going to call him out on his tweet yesterday claiming he knew that it was and what it wasnt?
Was that why he put a winking smiley at the end of the tweet - meaning he didnt mean what he was tweeting?

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
is nobody going to call him out on his tweet yesterday claiming he knew that it was and what it wasnt?
Was that why he put a winking smiley at the end of the tweet - meaning he didnt mean what he was tweeting?

No point just store it away next for next time there are doubts about WPDang.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Also think it's pointless. Maybe Daniel misunderstood. Maybe his sources misunderstood. Maybe his sources didn't know what they thought they knew. Journalism is not a hard science. If Daniel had all the information first hand, he'd be working at MS/Nokia and always under NDA.

This is only a problem when it occurs frequently, and it's worst when it happens deliberately in the form of click bait. That doesn't happen here at WPC. Based on his track record, Daniel definitely deserves a pass for these very infrequent hiccups.

Last edited:

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Daniel misunderstood. Maybe his sources misunderstood. Maybe his sources didn't know what they thought they knew. Journalism is not a hard science.

The thing is, DR gave a pretty hard answer. He scoffed at and put down another tech site which turned out to have the correct information. I'm hoping things clear themselves up, or we get a "well guys, I'm not perfect" from WPC - it wouldn't bug me if he weren't so hard on other tech outlets all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes