A testament to Nokia Quality and Durability

Doni Masongsong

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have had my 1520 (ATT/Unlocked on Tmobile) for a few months now. Since week 1, I have had a cheapo amazon case (http://www.amazon.com/JKase-DIABLO-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2763513).

Yesterday, I was riding my motorcycle and forgot to zip my jacket pocket. Riding at about 15-20 mph and slowing down to get to a gas station, I felt my phone drop. Looking back I see a yellow brick on the ground (Thankfully, no one was behind me). I parked my bike, ran to my phone and lo and behold, IT IS ALIVE! A few scratches on the case, but screen is perfect condition. Every button works.

Seems that Nokia's reputation is well earned.

:grin::grin::grin:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Those dual density cases are supposed to offer excellent protection.

I say kudos to the case and Nokia. LOL. Glad you are still rolling.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely not. I can take a picture using the camera button or by tapping on the screen. It's a breeze.

The cover though... Holding it out of the way of the screen and the lens... IDK. Seems like the cover would limit grip when flapping about. Maybe it's just me?

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The cover though... Holding it out of the way of the screen and the lens... IDK. Seems like the cover would limit grip when flapping about. Maybe it's just me?
The phone is only 4 inches. I mostly hold it in my left hand with my thumb on the front leather cover when flipped out. I get nice grip with all the other four fingers on the side of the frost hard back cover and my palm as well.

Look at the screenshots here http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/299398-4.htm#post2765049

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know why you're glad no one was actually behind you. They would've sued the hell outta you if they got hit and injured by that monster of a device. ;) Seriously though, I'm using a 1520 myself and it's definitely one nice piece of tech. :)

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Bigger screen and higher weight compared to most other phones make the 1520 getting damaged easily.
Kudos go entirely to the case (in my opinion).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
IDK... I think that cheap, thin plastic Uncle Sammy uses is a mistake. I like the hefty feel of the polycarbonate. I have confidence in it.

I understand your reasoning about mass and velocity, but what about comparative material strengths?

Tigerinc

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Good to hear! Can concur. I've let my 1520 go flying onto concrete on 2 occasions already. The only case it had on it was the original Nokia CP-623 with the flappy screen cover. Both times the phone escaped unharmed! Great phone IMO. I do have more rugged cases for it now. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes