I have the 830

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering since the 830 has not been released officially in Latin America would that be the reason why your phones still have the prototype mentioned in extras+info? May be flashing to the Rogers firmware would take it away? Either way someone who wants to try can give it a shot

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering since the 830 has not been released officially in Latin America would that be the reason why your phones still have the prototype mentioned in extras+info? May be flashing to the Rogers firmware would take it away? Either way someone who wants to try can give it a shot

lol I would but im strapped for time >.< college is gong hard with these mid terms

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I think it will always say prototype.

Gary Tenney

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I noticed something weird today. I was checking the extras + info on my RM-985 and I noticed that it no longer says "Lumia Debian Red". It says "Lumia Denim" now. I have not flashed my 830 like others have so I am not sure why this has changed. The only thing I can think of is when I was looking to see if an update was available for my 830 the other day I changed my region on to a Latin American region checked for an update and then switched the region back to the US (I'm on AT&T). There obviously was no update. It was a few days after this when I checked my extras + info and saw that it says "Lumia Denim".
(BTW glance still does not work :wink:)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I noticed something weird today. I was checking the extras + info on my RM-985 and I noticed that it no longer says "Lumia Debian Red". It says "Lumia Denim" now. I have not flashed my 830 like others have so I am not sure why this has changed. The only thing I can think of is when I was looking to see if an update was available for my 830 the other day I changed my region on to a Latin American region checked for an update and then switched the region back to the US (I'm on AT&T). There obviously was no update. It was a few days after this when I checked my extras + info and saw that it says "Lumia Denim".

(BTW glance still does not work :wink:)

There was an update to extras and info a few days back and users reported that it said Lumia denim even though they didn't get the update . So it could be that for you

vertigo_x

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I took the plunge today and bought a white RM-985. It's arriving coming weekend, and boy I'm excited!
Are you in the US? Will you be on AT&T? If yes to both, make sure to move your [nano] SIM from an officially supported LTE phone to the new RM-985.

I made the mistake for trying to sign up for service at AT&T with the RM-985. AT&T doesn't like giving unlocked phones access to its LTE networks off the bat, so you have to be sneaky-like and not tell them about your switching phones. As long as they still have the IMEI from your old phone in their systems you will be okay.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you in the US? Will you be on AT&T? If yes to both, make sure to move your [nano] SIM from an officially supported LTE phone to the new RM-985.

I made the mistake for trying to sign up for service at AT&T with the RM-985. AT&T doesn't like giving unlocked phones access to its LTE networks off the bat, so you have to be sneaky-like and not tell them about your switching phones. As long as they still have the IMEI from your old phone in their systems you will be okay.

I'm in the US but on Cricket Wireless (ATT MVNO). Thanks but Cricket does allow LTE on all their SIM cards but I'll double check before I leave the store

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I did receive the phone yesterday. First impression? Its gorgeous! The screen is big, as compared to my 925. Yes, the blacks are not that black as compared to my 920 (IPS LCD) but again, I am not complaining. Software wise, the stock Debian Red was pathetically slow! Yes I did say slow. There was a very noticeable delay while using the phone, not sure how some of you guys managed with it. Either way, after flashing it to the MX CV Denim firmware I must say, I am impressed! Everything performs as usual, I am still testing the battery life and playing around with the device a lot so didn't get time to do some tests. I was able to get LTE on T-Mobile and Cricket Wireless out of the box. I got this phone primarily because of battery life and expandable storage, hopefully it won't disappoint me on the battery life.

I will post back later once I get used to it and after transitioning completely from my 925.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I did receive the phone yesterday. First impression? Its gorgeous! The screen is big, as compared to my 925. Yes, the blacks are not that black as compared to my 920 (IPS LCD) but again, I am not complaining. Software wise, the stock Debian Red was pathetically slow! Yes I did say slow. There was a very noticeable delay while using the phone, not sure how some of you guys managed with it. Either way, after flashing it to the MX CV Denim firmware I must say, I am impressed! Everything performs as usual, I am still testing the battery life and playing around with the device a lot so didn't get time to do some tests. I was able to get LTE on T-Mobile and Cricket Wireless out of the box. I got this phone primarily because of battery life and expandable storage, hopefully it won't disappoint me on the battery life.

I will post back later once I get used to it and after transitioning completely from my 925.
wait how did you get the 830 with debian red o.o... I thought the ones who bought it from ebay ( me) got that firmware

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
New Product Codes for the RM-985 variant. Looks like these are the ones sold from Microsoft, unbranded ROMs for NA

059W6R7: RM-985 VAR NAM 4R CV D GREY
059W742: RM-985 VAR NAM 4R CV SLV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital