Qi on the ATT Lumia 830?

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I know Windows Central and several other site have said that it would have Qi, but I can't find any official document that says so. I found that the Nokia US website at one point said it had Qi standard, but it seems to have been updated to say PMA. If it doesn't have Qi, it might be a deal breaker since I have so many chargers for my 920 right now. Can anyone show some official document that says it has Qi?

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm really hoping Qi pans out... but leave it up to AT&T to screw this up. They have possibly the first wireless chargeable phone that works with either standard (?), and instead of promoting that they turn off sales by making sure to only mention the one standard that nobody wants.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Daniel had reported the AT&T Lumia 830 would support both Qi and PMA standards, and he reiterated it again in yesterday's Lumia 830 announcement articles.
In one he wrote:

"Although the video glosses over the wireless charging capability, the AT&T version does have support for both Qi and PMA wireless charging standards. From our understanding, AT&T will not boast about the Qi wireless capability in its promotional material likely due to a conflict of interest."

And in the other he wrote:

"The AT&T version of the latest Lumia will also feature built-in PMA and Qi wireless charging, along with an extra back plate in the box."

I can't imagine Daniel would be making these statements if they weren't true. His information is usually very accurate. It makes sense that AT&T wouldn't officially advertise the fact that the phone supports Qi. I guess we'll just have to wait and see until someone gets one and tries it out to know for sure.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Has there ever been any confirmation of the Qi charging capabilities of the AT&T Lumia 830. I've considered ordering one, but I will not do so if it doesn't have Qi. The only articles I can find that reference both wireless charging standards were the Windows Central articles before the device was officially launched and conflicting reports of rumors since then.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have one and can say it works right out of the box and includes both a black and green cover. Also if you want more covers, I ordered an OEM one from eBay which came in about a week. It has the logo and also the qi.

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Has there ever been any confirmation of the Qi charging capabilities of the AT&T Lumia 830. I've considered ordering one, but I will not do so if it doesn't have Qi. The only articles I can find that reference both wireless charging standards were the Windows Central articles before the device was officially launched and conflicting reports of rumors since then.

I own a Lumia 830 that I bought at the Microsoft Store, with service on AT&T. It came with two backs, black and green. They both work with Qi. I purchased PowerBot PB1020 Qi charging plates and they work very well with the phone. I have never tested it to see if it also works with PMA. When I was at the Microsoft Store, during the purchase process I asked the salesperson to confirm that it worked with Qi, and she was able to confirm that it did. If you are on AT&T, buy the phone, buy some Qi chargers (the one I reference is very cheap), and enjoy! I love the phone.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
This is the link to my orange one I ordered, very friendly seller that periodically emailed me to make sure I received the shipment. Also, here's two photos of the quality if anybody gives a hoot.

Attachments

• WP_20150318_22_29_38_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150318_22_29_38_Pro.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • WP_20150318_22_28_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150318_22_28_55_Pro.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members